Huey Pro seems to have gone mental

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

Any Huey Pro users out there who can please help me out?

I've just done a recalibration of my monitor with my Huey Pro and the colours look fine for the desktop background but when I open something in PS CS3 and also a photo in the normal windows photo viewer (I'm on Vista) the colours are crazy saturated and shifted to the red/magenta side. As soon as I disable the Huey things go back to normal.

Something else I notice when doing the calibration is that there was no difference shown between the old and new settings (2nd to last screen on calibration with the colour grid and photo of a woman) and also when changing colour temp and gamma settings these had no effect on the screen. In the past when playing with these I could see the affects taking place so something funny is going on.

I did try uninstalling and the reinstalling the software but no change.

Please help!

Have you accidentally left proof setup enabled in photoshop
, or a strange profile attached to the image?

(this would explain photoshop, but not necessarily the windows viewer).

Can you take a photo of it and put it up? (I found that screenshots do not honour colour profile strangeness).

Have you accidentally left proof setup enabled in photoshop
, or a strange profile attached to the image?

(this would explain photoshop, but not necessarily the windows viewer).

Can you take a photo of it and put it up? (I found that screenshots do not honour colour profile strangeness).

I think that's down to what web browser you use and if they accept certain colour spaces etc

This will hopefully show what is going on.

HueyProProblem.jpg

If that doesn't work well then go to http://marksmithphotography.co.uk/Tests/HueyProProblem.jpg

The left is a copy of the background viewed in the windows photo prog, the middle is just the background and the right is in photoshop. As you can see photoshop is the most affected.

I think that's down to what web browser you use and if they accept certain colour spaces etc
Actually, I had the issue with photoshop, I had several copies of an image loaded on the screen, with differing outputs due to profiles. Trying to take a screenshot to show the difference, flattened them all tobthe same image!

This will hopefully show what is going on.
The left is a copy of the background viewed in the windows photo prog, the middle is just the background and the right is in photoshop. As you can see photoshop is the most affected.

Wow, quite a difference. I don't have the Huey unfortunately.

Under your control panel, colour management, what profile do you have set?

Back