Humber Bridge Yorkshire

wegotitugetit

On the hit list !!!
Name
alex
Edit My Images
Yes
took a trip out to sandtoft airfield but come home early so on way home decided to stop on the south bank of the humber

1)
307-22-02-2009.jpg

2)
328-22-02-2009.jpg

3)
285-22-02-2009.jpg

c&c always welcome

everyone takes identical shots of the bridge, it's up there with the eiffel tower and the charles bridge in my top 10 things i'm sick of seeing photos of :p

the tones and contrast on all the shots are a bit lacking though

would be much better if correct weather conditions, e.g. a lot of clouds, or sunset at the evening. =]

as said above the weather conditions are a bit turd tbh :D

if you want any tips/pointers on editing let me know and i'd be more than happy to meet up and share any knowledge i've got

what applications are you using to edit with? :)

as said above the weather conditions are a bit turd tbh :D

if you want any tips/pointers on editing let me know and i'd be more than happy to meet up and share any knowledge i've got

what applications are you using to edit with? :)

Maybe we should have a bridge meet some day, when the weathers better, i've no editing software as such just yet only Picasa. I'm just a noob at the min

aye could do, i could bring my laptop for pratting around on if needed, be nice to wait till the weather is less overcast though :)

The trouble with this bridge is that when viewed in this classic way, it doesn't really offer anything to look at, it's such a thin, uninspiring bridge that it takes something different in order to get something worth looking at :) That said, I think #3 is the best out of the three as the reeds add a little smething extra to the composition.

honestly the problem with this brown bridge is it's surrounded by brown water and brown landscapes and depending on the time of the year...well brown skies :p

brown being my least favourite colour next to magnolia (god damn that paint)

hello all.

well i was there yesterday, but at the hessle side, photographing people who had the strange urge to skid rope down from the humber bridge to the foreshore, THEY MUST BE MAD.
but it was for a good cause, muscular dystrophy campaign.

plenty of people willing to do it, so i hope they raised a lot of cash.

cheers paul

The trouble with this bridge is that when viewed in this classic way, it doesn't really offer anything to look at, it's such a thin, uninspiring bridge that it takes something different in order to get something worth looking at :) That said, I think #3 is the best out of the three as the reeds add a little smething extra to the composition.

It's a shame isn't it? It looks uninspiring in photographs but when built it was a huge achievement, the very lack of structure being part of what makes it impressive.

I recall reading somewhere that they had to take account of the curvature of the earth as it results in the two towers pointing away from each other instead of being parallel.

I like the low perspective by jps, I think having the far end disappearing slightly in the haze accentuates just how long this bridge is.

Back