I actually found it m51 whirl pool galaxy

Edit My Images
Yes
I just had to post this as Ive always wanted to get this galaxy
finding it was so frustrating.

Lets me get you all thinking 1 light year is 10 million million km give or take this galaxy is 37 million light years from our view.
:bonk::bang::thinking::thinking::eek:
but actually seeing it in the eyepeice and getting the image this made up for all the set up. :D

This was a single 131 sec shot taken with my 350d and reflector 200/1000mm f5 iso 400 remote ,mlu, unguided.

a very lenghty time in ps6

the beautiful m51 whirl pool galaxy

whirlpool.jpg

many thanks
jason

That's very lovely and I'm beginning to appreciate just how hard it must be to get these images.

Does look a little like someone's pulled the plug on space. ;)

Who knows what you might be witnessing watching that...albeit you couldn't actually see it as it'd be much smaller...life etc! :) Great shot :)

Thanks guys for looking and comments welcome.

That's very lovely and I'm beginning to appreciate just how hard it must be to get these images.

Does look a little like someone's pulled the plug on space. ;)

now that would be a sight a black hole :eek::shake:

Wow! thats totally amazing Jason :eek:

I can only imagine how exciting it must be to actually view 'live' as it were.

Exciting stuff indeed! (y)

Speaking of live view, I had made my mind up when getting the 40d as live for astro is very easy to manual focus but unforunatley :( the sensor does not pick up faint objects on bightish stars :thumbsdown:

thanks for your comments.

jason

I'm continually impressed with your shots of the "heavens". Another great shot

That's simply amazing, well done :clap:

This was a single 131 sec shot taken with my 350d and reflector 200/1000mm f5 iso 400 remote ,mlu, unguided.

What does unguided mean? 131 seconds would be a blur of star trails if the mount did not move?

Loving these astro shots :)

thanks folks (y)

Nice shot- looks like you picked up a passing satelite too!

yes the position in the sky means that satalites from n to w
are freaqent.

What does unguided mean? 131 seconds would be a blur of star trails if the mount did not move?

Loving these astro shots :)

it my bl***y english i do apologise. autoguiding is when a second camera (webcam) is looking at a near bye bright star)
as this camera on the same ment if there is any shift the computer programe will compensate.

some people will use a guide scope and manualy check to see if the guide star is in the cross hair.

when i said unguided i just let my mount and motors do there bit and hopefully if pola alligned corrrectly you get a resault. (y)

many thanks

Wow and All of the comments above. (y) :clap:
I do follow the Nassa & Hubble sites and these shots of yours are fantastic (and at a millionth of the cost)

:clap:
I do look forward to these (y)

Stunning. Can't believe this only from one exposure.

There have been some stunning Asto shots on the forum of late and this is another, I'm so jealous.

thanks folks (y)

:clap: brilliant.

Do you mind if I ask how much your setup costs, excluding the camera. Just interested to know really :LOL:

depending on the style of astronomy from as little as £200
upto £600 Ive just found the same set up for £550..

Stunning. Can't believe this only from one exposure.

Neither can I as Ive never stacked 5 or 25 images together as Im getting results this way.

many thanks
jason

Back