I bought a second body today..350D

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
No
Just got home from work and unpacked it.. Given the battery a quick charge.. Stuck the 135mm lens on to try it and got these..:)

Nothing special. Just wanted to see it works ok..:p

Christ are these cameras sooooo small after the 1DMkII..:help:

No birds just a lousy fly..:thumbsdown: Great bokeh though..(y)
bird-table.jpg

Some horny sheep.:naughty:
testshot-sheep.jpg

It must feel tiny after the 1d :eek:

It's a great little camera though.

I would love a 1d but reallistically the next body will be a 30d.
I'll be keeping the 350 though as a second body.

Your'e unlikely to notice a marked difference in image quality to the likes of a 20d but how noticeable is the difference compared to the 1d?

Bachs said:
Your'e unlikely to notice a marked difference in image quality to the likes of a 20d but how noticeable is the difference compared to the 1d?

Well only 5 shots taken so far Bachs but I imagine there will be no IQ difference at all..:thinking: Should there be..:shrug:

The total performance of the 1D makes it a ferrari compared to the 350D though but that isnt an issue as I have bought this camera to to take with me on a day to day basis rather than have the 1D risking getting banged around in my lorry..:crying:

The shutter is very quiet compared to the 1D too..:)

Jeez I feel I want to put the 300mm on here but it will look oh so funny...:LOL:

busterboy said:
...as I have bought this camera to to take with me on a day to day basis rather than have the 1D risking getting banged around in my lorry..
I couldn't agree more. When I bought my 20D I nearly sold the S602. I decided to keep it for backup but sometimes it's great just to pick up a camera and that's it, rather than carry Harrods' Depository around.

regards

busterboy said:
Jeez I feel I want to put the 300mm on here but it will look oh so funny...:LOL:

LOL - I want a 70-200 f2.8 IS but one of the lesser reasons for holding out until I can see how ridiculous that may look on a 350D, maybe one day:)

Congrats on the new toy (in the enthuisiast sense;) )

(y)

Warspite said:
LOL - I want a 70-200 f2.8 IS but one of the lesser reasons for holding out until I can see how ridiculous that may look on a 350D.

Thanks Warspite..:)

Well I just couldnt resist seeing what it looked liked and indeed taking a picture or two @ 600mm.. In fact I had got 2X and 1.4X converter fitted..:wacky:

350D=1.jpg

350D.jpg

And a picture taken with this setup @ 600mm. Sorry, Nothing but sheep around here..:LOL:

600mm-sheep.jpg

ROFL, well I would say it makes the lens look even more impressive - but I dont think thats possible;)

That thing looks like it could be used to kill tanks:)

I don't think you'll see a major difference between the 350D 20D and 1DMK2 - the all share the same processor. The IDMK2 has the same number of pixels covering a larger sensor, so the larger pixels must be an advantage, but it isn't night and day. The 1D does produce nicer jpegs straight out of the camera, I've noticed, but probably that's down to the built in settings in place of the complicated colour matrix settings, but these same settings are being used now on the 5D and 30D and will no doubt appear in all the models before too long.

Where the 1D scores is being built like a tank, with faster autofocus, 8.5 fps drive, and it probably has more features and custom settings than anything else on the market.

CT said:
I don't think you'll see a major difference between the 350D 20D and 1DMK2 - the all share the same processor. The IDMK2 has the same number of pixels covering a larger sensor, so the larger pixels must be an advantage, but it isn't night and day. The 1D does produce nicer jpegs straight out of the camera, I've noticed, but probably that's down to the built in settings in place of the complicated colour matrix settings, but these same settings are being used now on the 5D and 30D and will no doubt appear in all the models before too long.

Where the 1D scores is being built like a tank, with faster autofocus, 8.5 fps drive, and it probably has more features and custom settings than anything else on the market.

A more detailed explanation there, Thanks Cedric..:)

350D=4.jpg

Warspite said:
That thing looks like it could be used to kill tanks:)

Don't be telling Mandy.. He will be bringing his flame thrower along and melting the who lot..:LOL:

Good point there by Joe. I'm glad I kept my 20D, don't underestimate the convenience sometimes of having a different lens to hand on each body. I find it a tad confusing switching between the two bodies as the controls are so different, but overall it is a huge advantage except you can end up looking like Dennis Hopper in 'Apocalypse Now' :LOL:

Edit...

Damn... I'd kill for that 600mm lens Tim.

Joe T said:
Very cool mate.

Im wanting my 2nd body to be identical to my other body. That wasy I can use either and wont mind. Otherwise I will always be swapping lenses, and thats what I want to avoid. Also I can have them set up the same, and the handling will also be identical.

Thats a very valid point.

I think I'll get to 1DMKII's :LOL:

busterboy said:
Don't be telling Mandy.. He will be bringing his flame thrower along and melting the who lot..:LOL:

Well with that lens assembly at least you will see him coming(y)

That lens is hardcore :eek: :eek:

What a second camera to have though, very impressive (y)

hey...send me your other body will you, now you don't need it cos u gotta 350D and all...

shiato storm said:
that looks ridiculous!!

Thanks...:geek:

whitewash: It was very windy when I took that shot and it may be the branches/leaves that are making it look that way..:)

busterboy said:
Thanks...:geek:

whitewash: It was very windy when I took that shot and it may be the branches/leaves that are making it look that way..:)

ahhh yes, makes total sense now, so maybe the fly wasnt being so lazy on the birdtable, maybe air pressure was holding it there!

Back