I definately did the right thing......

Name
Robyn
Edit My Images
No
....in buying that new lens! We went along to our local (15 minutes away!) RSPB reserve this afternoon - never made it there before although I'd been been thinking about it for long enough.

The the images below are using the 300mm f4, some with the 1.4x TC as well.

1) This little chap has to be one of the cutest birds of all time - a Little Grebe
1541LittleGrebeWEB.jpg

2) Heron - waiting in vain for supper to chance by...
1545HeronWEB.jpg

3) "Cleared for landing!"
1546DuckWEB.jpg

4) Ducking and diving....
1573DuckdiveWEB.jpg

5) Lots of Coots about the place...
1590CootWEB.jpg

6) Bath time...
1594BathtimeWEB.jpg

7) No one-trick pony, that lens. It can handle flowers well enough too.
1600ComfreyWEB.jpg

8) A Mallard showing off just what a handsome chap he is.
1611MallardcloseupHDRWEB.jpg

Thanks for looking, all comments, as ever, welcome. I would imagine there might be a few more posts along this line from me now. ;)

Well done, some really tasty shots...especially for a first outing.
The 300/4 and 1.4x is a good performer in these places and , for most people, is the last stop before spending the big money. I look forwards to seeing more.

Bob

Cheers for the comments.

Bob - don't even get me started thinking down the 300 f2.8 line - no way can I justify that!!! I'm massively impressed with the quality of the f4 though I have to say, I was fully expecting a noticeable quality drop-off with the converter on, but there really isn't!

jees, they're sharp.

Excellent set of images Witchy ... (y) ... pleased with the new lens then are we ... :D

Love the way you've captured the Green sheen on the drake Mallard just for me ... :naughty:

:p

Back