I don't like weddings

Name
Darren
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm OK going to them but I really dont like shooting them.

To date, I've done three and that's three too many. By Sunday, that count will be four. :(

I really hate 'em.. but that's a feeling that crept up over years and years, and just getting fed up of the whole pantomime. When I packed it in I honestly don't think I could have faced one more.

I honestly don't think I could have faced one more

That's a shame, I was hoping you might want to do this one. ;) :LOL:

PMSL! :LOL: No thanks.. I'm too busy being an amateur - it's much harder and far more rewarding.

What amazes me is that you buy a DSLR & suddenly everyone you know thinks youre going to be pulling out a Pro shot with every pic.
I told everyone that my pics will go backwards before they start moving forwards... and still some-one I hardly know asked me to shoot their wedding. :eek:
Weddings being one area of photography that doesnt really appeal to me anyway but, add my inexperience to the mix & the whole thing would have been a disaster... and STILL I ended up having to make up 1001 excuse to get out of it, tut!

I don't mind doing weddings even though portraits aren't normally my 'thing'. But I only do them once in a blue moon. I've one booked for September which will be my 4th one too - and the 3rd payer. The freebie was my brother's wedding in April.

I don't imagine I'd been keen on doing many of them for free...

Well I'm all packed up for the "big" day tomorrow and it's fair to say I'm not happy.

Perhaps it would be a bit better if I'd ever seen any of the locations involved or even spoken to the couple before.

Expect this thread to continue with something of a rant when I get back to the puter. :LOL:

Perhaps it would be a bit better if I'd ever seen any of the locations
Eek.

Yes, it would have been better. For the September wedding, I'm meeting up with the couple in August at the church they're getting married in, and they want some photos at another location so we'll go for a look around there too. We'll discuss their exact requirements, attendees etc.

I've already spoken to the church to find out their stance on flash photography during wedding ceremonies, and its a no-go. I have to keep out of the way at the back of the church, and take shots sans-flash, so, plenty of zoom and a tripod, methinks. You don't want to be finding this stuff out on the day, when your tripod is 30 miles away and the wedding starts in 10 minutes.

Prior Planning Prevents P*ss Poor Performance. Apparently.

Indeed!

A good friend of mine is a long time mate of the bloke getting married and and has basically called in a favour to get out of doing them himself.

The couple seem to have low expectations/requirements for the job but that doesn't get around my professional pride and if it wasn't a hundred and something miles away I would have done a decent scout of the locations.

I've pointed a camera at enough stuff that I'm not stressed about pulling it off, I'd just rather be doing pretty much anything else.

GfK said:
I have to keep out of the way at the back of the church, and take shots sans-flash,
That's well out of order IMO. Not the flash bit, but you should be free to move around within reason as long as you're not intrusive, Still.. it's their ball and their game, so not much you can do about it. I've managed to talk some clergymen round, but some just wont have it at all.

CT said:
That's well out of order IMO. Not the flash bit, but you should be free to move around within reason as long as you're not intrusive, Still.. it's their ball and their game, so not much you can do about it. I've managed to talk some clergymen round, but some just wont have it at all.
At the end of the day, and I quote, "its church policy".

Politics in the church... whatever next, eh? :razz:

Back