I fancy a prime challenge

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
I've bought a 50mm 1.8 from drb5 so I thought I'd have a go at a prime challenge on an attempt to improve the way I compose shots. Obviously a prime forces a rethink of the way a shot is taken as you can't zoom in.

I'll be putting some pics on here once I've received the lens and started some shooting with it, there's no specific theme to this challenge, its just a way for me to try and improve and have a go at something I've not tried :)

Keep an eye out I should have some pics up before the week is out

Nick

you're going to love the 50mm. A little more work, yes, but it does get you thinking much more about composition rather than using a zoom, but photo quality is fantastic :) Looking forward to seeing the results nick :)

Ok so here are my first shots taken with my 50mm,

Not really had a chance to get out and about over the last few days so thought i'd give my cat some grief and see if i could tempt her to look at the camera (with the help of some treats) :p

Managed a few shots that im relatively happy with although im aware they're not great!

anyways have a look and see what you think.

cheers

nick

1) - 1/25 sec, f1.8, ISO400

2) - 1/40 sec, f1.8, ISO800

3) - 1/40 sec, f1.8, ISO800

wow the above wasn't lying about picture quality! lovely shots

IMG_2085.jpg

F5 1/250

50mm 1.8 lens

Maybe Martin got confused thinking that this was an open prime challenge :shrug:

Looks like you got a good copy. Nice and sharp, though I found 2.8 to be the sweetspot on my nifty (y)

happygolucky said:
Maybe Martin got confused thinking that this was an open prime challenge :shrug:

Looks like you got a good copy. Nice and sharp, though I found 2.8 to be the sweetspot on my nifty (y)

Lol no worries, I wondered what the relevence was :) (didn't mean to sound rude martin)

I'll have a go at f2-f2.8 in the next few days but you know what its like when you get a new toy lol its like Oooooooooh let's try everything :) I agree with what a couple have said about the dof being a little too shallow, all part of the challenge :-D

I'll have a go at f2-f2.8 in the next few days but you know what its like when you get a new toy lol its like Oooooooooh let's try everything :) I :-D

I know only too well what it's like, I recently got a 10-20mm siggy and Lee big stopper, but the weather doesn't want to play ball.

Look forward to some outdoor shots with your new toy :)

Nice shots! Especially love the baby one at the end.

I primarily shoot with my 50mm... About 95% of my work is with that lens. I now find zooms to be the ones I have to stop and think on!

@ nickjohnwatson ... I do like that beer bottle shot (y)

HaHa nice ... I like the first one especially. Would look good on my IN HAND thread.

Back