I finally got something right

Name
Andy Grant
Edit My Images
Yes
To be honest as a rule if I try and repair anything it ends up far worse than if I'd left it alone. However on saturday I decided to finally have a go at changing the light seals in a Yashica TL Electro. I got the seal kit from that chap in America and some meths and away I went. Well the thing I thought would be the hardest, fitting the new seals, turned out to be a piece of cake it was removing the old seals which proved the problem. Still, I got it sorted in the end so I'm feeling pleased with myself....:D

Andy

(y) Well done Andy, I'm just about to do the same to a Yashica SLR.

I always get my seals from Interslice in the states, even if he doesn't advertise seals for a particular camera he's always been able to make them up for me. Top bloke and really helpful.

I replaced the seals on a Yashica Lynx and a Pentax Spotmatic at the weekend using black yarn and some felt edging tape. It's much cheaper than the specific kits! Have two pics left on the roll in the pentax, so I'll let people know how it went once I get them deved!

Andy,s lost his virginity.:LOL::D

As well as his marbles......

Fortunately 'one swallow does not a summer make' and my good lady wife still doesn't trust me to do anything too complicated. My main job/use is as a navvy/ hod carrier which involves neither thought nor skill.

Andy

Back