I found a morning

Name
CAROL
Edit My Images
Yes
Im not usually up in time for a sunrise! I made an effort Sunday, what do you think? view from Ashness bridge.
Comments as always very welcome

IMG_2391IMG_2391.jpg

I really like this alot, it has loads going for it, but the backdrop especcially is out of this world :D

Gary.

I really like this , but agree with marky_h, I think it could do with a tad more contrast

The background is amazing !! Id just have a tweak with the colours/curves :D

Sorry mate, not working for me.
I think you could lose some from the top of the image in favour of the bottom.
I'm missing the rest of the bridge and the beck.
Also the bridge looks a bit soft ..... ISO 400 and f5.6 hasn't helped here.
I'm assuming hand held on the exif values. ?

Thanks for all the replies, I will have a go at upping the contrast.
Garnock, thanks for your comments, I havent shot landscapes before. I had my tripod and remote switch, I took it in raw and i probably havent processed it quite right. I do have more I will try to post later.
cas

Cas, I'm glad you took my comments in a positive manner.
I look forward to your other posts.

Edit: BTW I should add, if you are using a tripod then ISO 100 and smaller aperture for greater depth of field is recommended.

Last edited:
this is another one from the same morning

IMG_2400IMG_2400.jpg

Cas, I'm glad you took my comments in a positive manner.
I look forward to your other posts.

Edit: BTW I should add, if you are using a tripod then ISO 100 and smaller aperture for greater depth of field is recommended.

Absolutely! I am here to learn, I can take any crit as long as its constructive (y) I will make a mental note for the iso too My thinking was it wasnt very bright by the brook :LOL:

The contrast and colour are better on the second shot, but the composition not quite as good. The first one works well compositionally for me, because there's more 'breathing space' in it at the top of the frame with the mountains and clouds, which, as Gary intimated, are rather splendid :)

Im not usually up in time for a sunrise! I made an effort Sunday, what do you think? view from Ashness bridge.
Comments as always very welcome

IMG_2391IMG_2391.jpg

I can't help thinking if this wouldn't have been so much better getting there before sunrise and looking the other way up the valley towards the rising sun. The colours could have been amazing. Like others have said, use ISO 100, f11 or above, a wide angle lens and a tripod. Next problem is location and shutter speed. The first is a lot harder to get right than the latter unfortunately.

The contrast and colour are better on the second shot, but the composition not quite as good. The first one works well compositionally for me, because there's more 'breathing space' in it at the top of the frame with the mountains and clouds, which, as Gary intimated, are rather splendid :)

No it doesn't.
It's very wrong, compositionally.
There's too much wasted in the sky ..... everything above the vapour trail.

thanks Im going to try and get there again next week, I have parked my caravan at ulswater for the end of the season, the view up the valley I tried but blew all the skies! :LOL:

I disagree, Garnock. The 'breathing space' in the background of the first shot is what makes it work for me. It balances the shot with the denser textures in the fore and middle ground :)

Last edited:
Those are great shots Cas.

For me the second one is better.

But like has been said a little lower to get a bit more of the bridge in.(y)

thanks D80Togger I will give it another go this weekend

Nice shots, but I'd agree, number 1 would have been absolutely perfect compositionally had you shot from a bit lower and included a tad more of the bridge as foreground interest

thanks devitt and markta, got to take them in tomorrow see what the guy who is giving me some tuition thinks of them.

Back