I got a free Tripod :D

Edit My Images
No
Hehe, never owned a tripod, but after attempting hand held Pano's on top of Cat Bells (in the wind), i had decided i needed one.
Off pops my old man into his loft and out comes the tripod he used to use with his Olmypus 35mm.

Its a bit heavier than most at 2.2kg but it seems to work fantastically well. Going to give it a run out next weekend and see what happens. Its a Velbon Veb3. Can only find one like it on ebay and it seems to be going for £20 ish. Still, not bad for nowt :D

If its big and heavy, its also likely to be very sturdy which means it will give great support and good pictures. the only issues are with carrying it around but the results will off set the pain. ;)

As they say in the North..you can't compalin for nowt ;)

There is alot to be said for being heavier than most :naughty:

I really need to invest in a new one but i always seem to find something else which sucks up my spare cash. :annoyed:

My current Velbon tripod is a lightweight affair designed with camcorders in mind. In blowey weather i have to keep hold of it, and thats with the 20D and a lens and my bag tied to it!! :shock:

I got issued a Gitzo carbon Reporter and it's a beast - much prefer the old alloy ones (luckily I have two of them...:))

Back