I have some wonderfully indulgent friends

AliB

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
No
Who let me point my camera at them! :love:

A couple that I took last weekend. Looking for some slightly more unusal portraits.

2456688114_da4d705e76.jpg

Shot with a 100mm macro lens as I wanted a very shallow depth of field.

2456688076_27bf0d831a.jpg

Two studio lights on this one, one on the background and one with a beauty dish slightly left and above.

C & C welcome as usual :)

ALi, these are really good!
I adore them both, but if i had to choose, it would be the second one.
Very seductive ;)
I also love the feeling you got with the first one.. awesome!
:love:

The first is more appealing to me but I do like the 2nd too.

No.1 just has more richness and mystery to it and it's a tad further off the beaten track too, which I always like.

Of course being me, I have to pick up some odds and ends that I might change.... So I've had a quick play. ;)

Also, I think it's too good to be hidden behind quite that much grain. It's looking a bit banded at the top, which is probably in part due to the resize for web. :)

2456688114_da4d705e76.jpg

When I first clicked on your post I looked at the shots and immediately thought that no 2 was very good and wasn't too impressed with no 1. Then I looked at no 1 again and again and it's a fantastic image. The processing is excellent. It's different and I think I like it better than no 2, yes definitely :clap:

OOh I wish I had such indulgent friends!

#1 for me, as youve captured the look of something I have in my own mind which is quite darkly dreamy & mysterious.
I think its just gorgeous. (y)

#2 I love the processing and lighting but the composition feels awkward for me.
It looks to me as if the model was leaning on a table and the image flipped,
rather than a sultry teeth tugging the glove in mid air.
I feel this because the flow of the hair is all wrong.

[It looks to me as if the model was leaning on a table and the image flipped,
rather than a sultry teeth tugging the glove in mid air.
I feel this because the flow of the hair is all wrong.[/QUOTE]

Tis because she likes having her hair cover her shoulders Glo, there is only so much I will push friends to do and if she's not comfortable with uncovering her shoulders, then I'll work round it as much as I can but it is always going to be a compromise. I didn't turn her upside down, promise!

The grain was added using that craqueline effect in PS and it has banded a fair bit on resizing, it looks a bit more like Dazzajl's kind rework. Thanks for that!

Many thanks for the comments. I only started taking pics of people recently, I avoided it like the plague for years so I'm kind of making up for lost time here.

Arent people funny ... I tend to cover my shoulders with my hair too! :LOL:

I havent had much experience shooting people either, but these are the kind of images I like to aim for when I do.
Look forward to seeing more. :)

I'm not a great fan of hi-key even so your 2nd shot is pretty good
The first however is a winner for me. The processing makes it

Top stuff (y)

I love the pp on the 1st, and again, not a lover over the high key stuff, #2 is very good, nice and sensual...

I just wish I had friends..... :(

Steve

Thanks for the positive comments folks. I've made note of the angles in No2 so learned to look at that more closely.

I'm pleased with No1 because it turned out how I planned it and that has taken me some time to learn. Some are still more luck than judgement but I'm learning how to plan and execute shots more carefully now.

Thanks again for the assistance :)

Back