I Hear You Knocking ... but Pheasant's can't come in !

Edit My Images
No
Well ... there I was sitting here minding my own and there is an awful row coming from the back of the house ! :eek:

Eventually (10 minutes later) I have to investigate (camera to hand for a change but only fitted with the 105mm Macro !) :(

There, on the kitchen window sill, using it as a mirror is our resident Pheasant (Phasianus colchicus) ... Adult Male, of the Ring-neck Game variety, in resplendent breeding plumage !

He usually admires himself in the patio doors from ground level so this was quite a surprise ! Nearly as much as having the camera close by. :geek:

RLG3727.jpg

And ... :p

RLG3731.jpg

Oh ... and just in case Jill sees these ... the smudgey light splodge on the window above his head was caused by a kami-kazi juvenile Starling fleeing form a Sparrowhawk ... better way to go than being pulled apart ! :puke:

And the small white dots are not caused by sensor dust but a missing window cleaner ... :naughty:

P-E said:
Nice detail in the feathers there Vent.

Thanx Ian ... not so bad through glass ! :)

So much better if they had been clean ... but then who expects a Pheasant to come sit on the sill ? :shake:

Now what i want to know is WHAT do you put out to attract pheasants? :LOL: That's not a sight you see everyday!

minimeeze said:
Now what i want to know is WHAT do you put out to attract pheasants? :LOL: That's not a sight you see everyday!

Well ... apart from the obvious attraction of our mirror like windows ... :cautious:

He's been popping in for some while now and is almost resident here and the surrounding gardens ... :naughty:

He both picks up the ground seed we put out and nicks the tips from Jill's veggie garden ... with the pigeons too we won't be having fresh grown beetroot this year ... two whole rows accounted for ... :eek:

Back