I just picked up...

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
No
...A vivitar 285 flash. It's a big meaty mother but it works great on my ebay trigger (kindly sold to me by AndyBorzi) and fires off my FL36R on slave a treat...and it only cost me £12!

Bargin!! I have given up on trying to get a SB24/25/26 all to expensive. I going to scout around for one of these.

Found it in an old collectibles shop, they had ancient Nikon speedlights and film SLRS, even a sekonic meter lol.

I had one at it was a beast that gave great flash coverage,since I trod on it I am after another but in the meantime an old Metz 30BCT4 does the trick,some of these old manual flashguns are great especially if you are not a regular user of flash so dont want to blow big money on the all singing dancing guns

I specifically went looking for a manual, like I said it's for my wireless trigger, and maybe my old ST605. I have a FL36R for mounted and for now it'll fire as a slave off the other flash until a get another reciever for the trigger.

Is this a 285 or a 285HV?

I thought the 285's had a trigger voltage that was too high for the eBay triggers? I am currently after a 285HV but can't find any cheaper than around £50-60

Gadget Inifinity sell triggers that work with 5-200v trigger voltage: they're the V2 rather than the V2s.

It's a 285 zoom thyristor. Works fine on my trigger :shrug:

Back