I just want a tripod...not so easy ..help me

Name
Frank
Edit My Images
No
I just want a tripod...not so easy ..help

Can't i just buy a tripod please, just to put my camera on to stop my shake you see
I am asked what head fitting I want, I can pay £500 or £50
surely its not so hard can you help me....

The top of the thread on the tri-pod won't allow it to fit as its too big, you will need a head to do that job.

redsnapper has heads and tripods. Ball head, 3-way or trigger for the heads and good value for the tripods as well.

There's lots of choice depending on your requirements.

How heavy is your camera body + lens likely to be?

Would you like a grip head for fast positioning? Perhaps a ball head for more freedom of movement or a 3-way head for more precise control?

Are you going to take it on very long walks and require something light?

Do you want it to be able to get your camera really close to the ground?

Are you well over 6-foot and require a tripod with longer legs so you're not constantly hunched over?

The more information you can provide about how you want to use it and what kit you want to use it with, the easier it will be for people to help you. (y)

Have a read of this by Thom Hogan

I bought a Gitzo tripod, in 1975 and it was still working perfectly when I gave it to a friend a couple of years ago, it was aluminium and I wanted to upgrade to carbon.

There's lots of choice depending on your requirements.
The more information you can provide about how you want to use it and what kit you want to use it with, the easier it will be for people to help you. (y)

Hi m8y thanks for the very helpful reply, I guess my brian is switched off as usual
I will rethink it. I am new to digital SLR but have some 35mm experience.
I am using a 450D but want to do long exposure stuff.

I have seen some of your work before, as I have been searching for advice before I got my camera, I am chuffed that you answered my post (y)
one scouser to another, cheers m8

To tell you the truth any tripod will do to start with like this:
just screw it to the bottom of your camera!
have a seacr on ebay for a tripod :)

Nice one, thanks for the help spot on or what.. 5 star helper

try the manfrotto 190 prob or the 55 with the 222 or 322 heads depending on your height the 55 is better for taller guys
yours gwh

there is some logic in this but a lot of the posts you see here about tripods are people that have bought a 'cheap & cheerful' one & realise its as stable as resting the camera on your knee! - I would say unless your budget is way under £50 to consider the Redsnapper legs & head combo that someone already mentioned - I have a set of the legs (already had a ball-head) and for £50ish you are getting imho something worth double or treble that (& you get 10% discount when ordering if you mention you are a member here)
HTH ... Paul (y)

Thanks Paulboy
I tkae your advice and as we share the same camera 450d
then I will take a look
sooner friday comes the better ican go hunting for the tripod
sounds like a trip to the centre of the earth
haha

Back