I know what bag I want but...[tamrac adventure]

Yv

TPer Emerita
Name
Yvonne, pronounced Eve...
Edit My Images
Yes
OK guys, need some user feedback. My small backpack is falling apart and need a replacement to use as general bag when not using the massive thing that fits everything.

So, I have pretty much narrowed it down to the Tamrac Adventure 6 or 7 on dimensions, style, build quality and cost - but here's the question - is anyone using [or used] these and how much room is there in the top part? I can see from various web reviews and stuff what kit will fit but no one seems to think the space for your personal stuff is important, so if anyone can sum it up in practical terms....say for instance, 1 bottle of volvic and 3 mars bars kind of thing, I would be terribly grateful :D

LL

I have a tamrac pro 8 do not know if that is the same style but I can not get extras in the back when I have kit in it.... You will get a few bars of Sugar Hit in there.. (Mars) but I can never get water bottle in there always ends up in knee pocket of combats.

Shutterman

Tamrac do fitments on the outside for things like water bottles.

Don't know how much room, but would it be wise to put anything containing liquid in a compartment where it could leak and maybe damage your equipment? :)

Don't know how much room, but would it be wise to put anything containing liquid in a compartment where it could leak and maybe damage your equipment? :)

I agree. The daughter of a friend of mine put a tin can in his camera bag on a trip. They were on a packed train and the can got crushed, leaked and the camera was ruined.

I have just bought the Adventure 6. The camera section is sealed off from the top section so that liquid should seep through (Not tested that though) and, as said, there is a bottle holder on each side tof the bag.

I used it last week when I went out with the missus (Her on horse and me on bike) and I was able to fit 2 sandwiches, 2 drinks cans and 2 packets of crisps comfortably in the top section. The section on the outsi0de of the camera has a mobile phone pocket and enough space to easily accommodate a wallet and keys + change). I believe the Adventure 7 top section is just a little bit larger.

I have just bought the Adventure 6. The camera section is sealed off from the top section so that liquid should seep through (Not tested that though) and, as said, there is a bottle holder on each side tof the bag.

I used it last week when I went out with the missus (Her on horse and me on bike) and I was able to fit 2 sandwiches, 2 drinks cans and 2 packets of crisps comfortably in the top section. The section on the outsi0de of the camera has a mobile phone pocket and enough space to easily accommodate a wallet and keys + change). I believe the Adventure 7 top section is just a little bit larger.

Thankyou fabs, thats the information I was after (y)

- oh and btw, dont be so literal guys, I was using a drinks bottle as an example of something you know the size off and can guestimate amount of space from :bonk:

Looks like the 6 will be adequate for purpose :woot:

- oh and btw, dont be so literal guys
You expect guys not to be literal?

And there I was thinking it was men who didn't understand women, not the other way round. ;)

Back