I Love You Aunty Maisie

Edit My Images
Yes
milliemaisiewimpolesmall.jpg

D70

105mm Micro VR lens

Quite a good shot, although personally I didnt like the crop to start with, I now have to admit that its grown on me since first viewing. I also think the shot manages to convey alot of emotion and not being sure if the blown highlights were intended when composing the shot, I do think that the effect adds a warmth to the shot that I quite enjoy.

Might be reading too much into it but thats what I feel looking at this :)

Thanks for sharing (y)

Lovely shot marianne, i really like how you have captured the moment which is both natural and affectionate.

Yes that's a genuine moment captured there, i'd not change a thing apart from the crop...

The aspect ratios of almost all digital/film slrs are close to that of the golden rectangle, it was not by accident that Oskar Barnack came up with the 3.2 aspect ratio when he invented the first 35mm camera, it was designed to be as close as possible to that of the golden rectangle

Pythagorus came up with the ratio. It is said to be one of the most athstetically pleasing of all geometric forms. Example of it can be found Greek architecture. The Parthenon in Athens was built to the dimensions of the Golden Rectangle.

It's one of main reason's why Henri Cartier Bresson never ever cropped his images.

I always find it a shame when i see the ratio changed, which is one of the reasons i was not crazy on the magic guy cropping my image.

Sorry for the ramble

you can ramble all you like but what are you saying :LOL:

this is full frame BTW....

confused from Cambs....

Back