I Must Be A Wizard! Look at my Scar!

Name
Chris Ratford
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm now armed (only just!) and dangerous (ha! I wish!) with my new LIGHTNING SCAR :D I had to have a plate in it on christmas day :crying: after I broke both wrists on my MTB. The plate holds the end of the arm together and then the scar contines into the hand where they had to cut it open to untrap the nerves. I did try to photoshop a dark and spooky photo of it, but failed abismally, so heres a boring photo. Does anybody else have any cool scars?

0c248bb2.jpg

Last edited:
That must have hurt like hell but as far as scars go, it's pretty cool!

Was the bike OK??

:LOL:

I have one that long but it's not on my hand and you're not seeing it!! :D

My scars are mental - the things I've seen........the things I've done........the voices in my head........on and on....never stopping.........

:D

Nice scar, shame the photoshop idea did not work, it would have made an interesting picture :)

That must have hurt like hell

Both yes and no. I crashed on christmas eve at lunch time, but the first thing I remember is waking up in hospital at about 5pm on christmas day, with both arms in plaster! I can't remember crashing, the air ambulance, 2 trips to the x-ray and cast room or the operation. The main pain came from the damaged nerves, which resulted in pins and needles for a month solid!

Was the bike OK??

Almost. The forks bent, but that was it! the front wheel weirdly survived, as did the handlebars, which are clearly stronger than my wrists! I'm quite glad it was only the forks as I'd recently brought the frame for a grand!

Before:

Jedi.jpg

After:

2d00aedb.jpg

shame the photoshop idea did not work

Yeah, I was thinking something along the lines of a dark tunnel of trees with the hand in the middle, or it sticking out of a grave stone, but I didn't have any good background images to use.

Ouch.

If only you'd been riding a cyclo-cross bike......

:nuts:

not got any photos of it but I broke my leg playing hockey (stupid game, was only playing for a few months after tearing my medial cruciates to build strength back up for rugby). Was about 4 months before I went into cast, had 6 nice rods sticking into my leg, 3 above and 3 below the break, and a brace holding the 6 rods together. Also have a skin graft about 3 inches wide and 12 inches long (bloody big for a direct graft, they were contemplating culturing it first). Had 5 ops on it, and was about 6 months before I was into cast, was going back as an outpatient for about a year after that and it took me about 3 years to learn how to run properly - kids have it easy learning to do stuff before they lose the ability to bounce. To top it all off I fell off my crutches once and rebroke it, so learning without falling over for fear of breaking it a third time is difficult!

Still, despite all of that I still tried to play rugby again at Uni, but was just too slow, fat and weak :(

I can beat that, not personally but a good friend of mine was involved in a serious accident at work. He lost 3 fingers and half his palm. I can post a link if you want, but it's not for the faint hearted.

Gruesome NOoooooo :nono:

Thought not. Just to say that 10 years on and he's still undergoing surgery. They keep taking the remaining finger off and re attaching it so that he can get some kind of grip going against his thumb. And even after all the surgery on his hand, and the skin grafts, he's still kept his sense of humour. Great guy.

Cool scar fella!

I have one which runs from my belly button 180 degrees to my back from a bike smash 20 odd years ago. I hit an immovable object at 70'sh, flipped the bike and myself, the bikes' handle bars went through me then dragged me 40 feet until I finally opened up :)
The ambulance driver though I was carrying a Chinese meal inside my leathers....then quickly zipped me back up.

I get some cool looks from kids on the foreign beaches, I just start talking about swimming with sharks....;)

Bloody Hell, I bet that was painfull. How did you cope with two broken wrists?

I have a few scars on my body that total 49 inches. Stomach, chest, shoulder, top of arm, hands, back and legs. Three on my face the worse one had 2 lots of plastic surgery and is now a straight scar from my ear to my mouth. Leg was the worst, hit with a machette across the thigh.

Moral of this little story is do not try to move drug gangs away from their turf or intervene when they are spitting at girls going past them. They get very angry and come back with knives, hammers and petrol. Believe me, petrol is the scariest.

Much as that sounds shocking and a bit flippant, it really was a life changing experience that happened 19 years ago. I was gutted as it ended my career as a pretty good guitarist at the time, but I met people who helped me and decided a career in helping others was for me. Never looked back since.

Chris :)

looks painful cool shot though

You've got my sympathies. my brother broke both his wrists at Knockhill and what he went through was pretty horrible. i think you're lucky not to remember much. Nice scar though :clap:.

Oh, just to add to the thread, I have tonnes of scars on my shins and forearms from my bike riding days (them studs on your pedals are killers!) and when I was 18 months old, I was in a cafe with mum, and she brought over a tray with one of those metal jugs full of boiling tea and put it on the table for her and her friend. As she turned around to put her handbag back in the buggy, I reached up and grabbed the tray and gave it a swift yank.
Boiling water all over my right upper thigh.

I'll tell you what, it could have been ten times worse, it's about 3 inches (back then about 3 cm!) away from my crotch!

Nice scar mate.. Absolutely lovely :) Nice Gemini too, have always liked Cannondales.

Have a lovely scar on my arm from when I smashed my elbow after getting caught in a small avalanche which carried me over a 40ft drop.

But last year I did this at the Mega Avalanche Race in Alpe D'Huez. Doesn't look much but my foot is on at a very wrong angle, 5 bones broken, multiple dislocations in ankle and foot and quite a large amount of ligament damage. Apparently I'll never be able to tango again! Bugger :D

n543994399_185727_5192.jpg

I have a smashing scar, not massive by comparison to others here, and only 2.5" long (left to right!!!) - however, as with Janice, you're not gonna see this one either...!!!!

Ha! You look far to happy in that photo considering the shape of your ankle!

I have one good scar.

Spanning the entire width of my left knee cap!!
Cant remember how it happened was in primary school. Well over 5 years ago now!

I have many others too!

1. Cracked my head open
2.Cracked my chin open
3.Big scar on my knee
4.Dented shin(left) from my Yr. 6 teacher throwing a rounders ball too low
5.Friction burn scars on my shins from playing Uni-Hoc in school Ouch!
6.Little bumpy weedy little scar on my knee(same knee aswell)
7.Little weedy bumpy scar on my little finger (right)
8.Broken middle knuckle(right)

Last edited:
I have one about 1cm above my eye. Only just see it. I did it by falling off a mini scooter and smashing my eye on the handle bar block. Lucky not lose my eye :LOL:

I have a 15" scar running down my chest, along with two smaller ones where my drain pipes were, after being cut open and having a heart aortic valve replacement last yr. At least I'm here to tell the story..:wave:

Nice scar mate.. Absolutely lovely :) Nice Gemini too, have always liked Cannondales.

Have a lovely scar on my arm from when I smashed my elbow after getting caught in a small avalanche which carried me over a 40ft drop.

But last year I did this at the Mega Avalanche Race in Alpe D'Huez. Doesn't look much but my foot is on at a very wrong angle, 5 bones broken, multiple dislocations in ankle and foot and quite a large amount of ligament damage. Apparently I'll never be able to tango again! Bugger :D

n543994399_185727_5192.jpg

You look surprisingly pleased for a man who's foot is bent at the angle it is.

Back