I shoot Urbex with a few other guys. Here are some of my most recent stuff.

mrk

Edit My Images
No
We met some other explorers in there too, which was weird. Walking through dark empty corridors and cells when you hear noises in the next one... :O

Love em!

All stunning images!

the use of people is really cool. draws your eye too them.

Not usually a form of photography I enjoy, but I really can't pick a fav in amongst this set! top work :)

Some really nice images here, I especially like the cellblock and the cooling tower shots..always good to have a crew :)

Cheers all :)

I've had mixed feedback about the use of people in the past but I stick with it not because it draws attention to them but because I always like to give a sense of scale to a scene.

Take this shot below for example, without me standing at the bottom it wouldn't be so easy to get a true sense of how large that factory interior really is! (same for the cooling tower really).

Heavy Metal by Robbie Khan, on Flickr

I have seen some awesome shots from heavy metal from on top of that gantry looking down. A place i would love to visit.

cracking photos. Added your personal Facebook (Im Gosport as well) and have been known to do a bit of urbex :)

Would be good to have someone to head out with.

I have seen some awesome shots from heavy metal from on top of that gantry looking down. A place i would love to visit.

We were short on time unfortunately so didn't get to cover the whole site (all levels) but the next trip should unwrap more imagery :D

cracking photos. Added your personal Facebook (Im Gosport as well) and have been known to do a bit of urbex :)

Would be good to have someone to head out with.

Small world! And sure.

Great shots. This type of photography has always interested me, although i have never had a go at it.

Thanks for sharing :)

Great shout on the scale thing.

Very inspiring images.

They are all great and rather spooky!

Cheers guys :)

When we started this a couple of years ago it would never have been envisioned we'd go to the places we have. Things can only improve I suppose :D

I like this idea often looked at old places and wondered what they were like inside if I wanted to do this any pointers please I'm in gillingham Kent thanks:)

I like this idea often looked at old places and wondered what they were like inside if I wanted to do this any pointers please I'm in gillingham Kent thanks:)

Have a look around your local urbex community blogs and sites as no doubt many will have explored the places you have seen in one way or another. That's how we started out and it kind of became a thing and we just go off on our own with a bit of research armed with cameras :)

Excellent shots my friend, I recognise 15H ;) I do a little exploring myself...although have not been there. keep it up!

Really interesting photos, whenever I see an old disused building, I often think I would love to explore the inside of it. very interesting past time, seeking out old forgotten places and planning to explore and photograph the inside of them.

I think it's something I really would love to have a go at.

Liverpool has areas nearby that are worth exploring I think, we've not ventured up that way yet :) It's a great hobby and good exercise as well. The only downside is visiting a place and finding it trashed by chavs and junkies :/

There are some dodgy explorers as well, in the past certain members of 28DL used to visit places after someone posted about a new site and go steal stuff to sell on eBay. That kind of thing just ruins the experience for people.

There are some dodgy explorers as well, in the past certain members of 28DL used to visit places after someone posted about a new site and go steal stuff to sell on eBay. That kind of thing just ruins the experience for people.

I can imagine that, I suppose that's the problem also. How can Security/Police be certain that you were not there to steal ? As much as I would love to go and explore an old disused building, I would not enter a building, I would be happy just photographing the exterior of the building.

There is a big old building not far from were I live, it used to be a Cinema then a Bingo hall. It's now been closed a few years, I often say to the missus I would love to explore inside of it with my camera.

Security can never be sure really, it's manly based on if they find tools on you that could be used to break open etc. If you're in there with just camera gear it's obvious what you're there for really :p A select few give everyone else a bad name sadly.

Been cave/abandoned mine exploring this weekend with some friends:

Box Freestone Team 1 by Robbie Khan, on Flickr

Box Freestone Ember Spinning by Robbie Khan, on Flickr

And some high ISO shots (4000~)

A26A7960.jpg

A26A7969_Edit.jpg

A26A7981.jpg

A26A7989.jpg

Back