I took advice from CT

Edit My Images
Yes
2006_0305drumpeliar0059.jpg

What advice was that then Marty ?

Nice swan by the way ! Necks very well exposed ... wings not quite so and you've captured a stray something bottom left ?

Good composition too - lovely pose !

TFS...

Venomator said:

Quite! :ponders:

Swans can be an exposure nightmare Marty especially when the sun is shining on them, and with the best will in the world, it's often well nigh impossible to avoid slightly blown highlights in places - it's just a question of keeping it within acceptable levels.

You're losing a lot of detail in the wings, but as you can see in my edited version, the more you bring out the detail in the wings the more you accentuate that grubby head and neck.

hyit77.jpg

You often get this with swans as they spend so much time with their heads and necks underwater foraging around. Good shot though Marty, but because of the dirty neck, you're probably best leaving well alone, although it does need a bit of a sharpen. :)

Swans can often make beautiful B&W shots.

Good pic - looks alot more natural in colour and good detail in the feathers:thumb:

Venomator said:

Good efforts there Marty. The pics are just very pale and wishy washy looking. Don't be afraid to play with the contrast and saturation.

And now i can't stop.

Warspite said:
Good pic - looks alot more natural in colour and good detail in the feathers:thumb:

Thank you for your comment's, I took a few picture's 1 gig memory card.
I'll try and find a better one.

martyb said:
Good efforts there Marty. The pics are just very pale and wishy washy looking. Don't be afraid to play with the contrast and saturation.

And now i can't stop.

LOL Oh right - gotcha. :D

Well that's way cool! :thumb: It's often difficult for newcomers to digital photography to appreciate that the pics which come out of the camera are just a starting point, and almost always benefit from some editing in Photoshop or similar software.

Sounds like you're getting well hooked now! :smilenod:

What camera are you using Marty?

I love you :clap: .
My 12 year old step daughter took at least one of those photo's.

Back