Yes
a 6R4, just my opinion but nothing sounds like one :D

ML1W4259.jpg

ML1W4620.jpg

ML1W4696.jpg

ML1W4678.jpg

ML1W4173.jpg

ML1W4235.jpg

The 6R4 as quick going forward as they were sideways they were some of the fastest on and off the track.
And some of the worst to recover after a crash as there is bugger all metal work under the body

Cracking set Dod ,was going to go but had to work instead:thumbsdown: looks like the weather was kind to ya.:)

Awesome shots or a truly awesome supercar.

Love the 6R4 (and a lot of the other MG 'badged' cars.)

Random Trivia, the 6R4 is actually based on a Maestro floorpan, and came in 2 versions, the 250bhp clubman, and 400BHP international. They currently change hands for money in the region of £25k

Thanks for the comments folks :)

Great stuff Dod. Did you get any of Jimmy Girvan's car?

I did, nothing showing your sponsorship though :(

ML1W4623.jpg

ML1W4180.jpg

Cracking stuff that's what I love about this place you see something new and amazing every day.

Cheers
Bill

Great shots and a great day. Cant beat the sound of a 6R4 in the forrest

The Sunseeker Rally this weekend are trying to get as many 6R4's that are still racing to attend. Haven't checked the website to see how many will be attending as I'm away and don't want to upset myself!

Shaun

Ahh, the good ol' days of Group B, Supercars on dirt :LOL:

The only one I have, taken at Goodwood Festival of Speed 2006

IMG_1450.jpg

Hi Dod.

They're very nice pics, must be difficult in the changing light of the forest, well done (y).

Steve...

You don't see many of the 6R4's these days, always thought of them as a strange beast launched just as group B was banned. They were built by Williams F1 team you know and the engine in the Jaguar XJ220 is based around the engine in the 6R4

They got a couple of seasons in before politics got the better of Group B though. It showed what ARG could have been capable of if they'd locked all the bean counters in the basement of the Kremlin for a few months. More than Fraud managed with the RS200.

They did sound magnificent though. Something very satisfying about the sound, you certainly knew when they were on stage. Unlike most of the turbo cars which sounded quite understated. They were just too short a wheelbase for my liking though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0F2WJC_RSI

Not sure if I would say they were the best sounding Group B though, because I remember seeing these as a kid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5otpImadfk

Difficult choice :thinking:

Some good shots there though (y)

The 6R4 was never rally successful though as a Gp. B car. Did well in rallycross.

Quattro's, Delta S4s' and the Peugeot 205T16 took most wins, and the 037 did well before Audi got the Quattro drivetrain reliable.

Spannerdude - Stratos wasn't Group B, it was Group 4. (We work on Stratii here :) )

Spannerdude - Stratos wasn't Group B, it was Group 4. (We work on Stratii here :) )

D'Oh! Quite right, I must be at a delicate age. Or maybe I wasn't paying attention to what I was typing because I was too busy watching all the fabulous Group B footage on Youtube :LOL:

Another productive morning :shrug:

Back