Ibiza Cupra

Name
Adam
Edit My Images
Yes
took these on a very cold day! blue hands day :(

i want to make a real effort this year so i want all your comments and critism so i know where im going wrong, thanks

Tom1.jpg

tom2.jpg

tom3.jpg

tom4.jpg

Christ, I bet that can move!

I don't normally offer critique on cars - ask me one on aircraft - but here is my two pence:

I like the first one the most, but the background on the left of the car is slightly distracting.

Reasonable panning on 2.

Was 3 handheld or tripod? It would be so much better if the inside of the car was a bit sharper. I'd crop it a bit too, getting rid of the dark area of the passenger side and footwell and making the driver and sensation of speed due to motion blur a little more pronounced.

The last one doesn't do much for me I'm afraid.

Best regards,

Cheesy

Same car and colour as my Cupra :) Whys your engine management light on?

Id probably get the driver to wear some darker clothes next time, as they do stand out a bit from the car, which isn't what you want. With more practice at panning, the drive-by shot will improve a lot, you just need to get the car in focus.

From the shot inside the car, I'd be tempted to crop the roof our as its quite distracting in the top right corner, especially being at such an angle.

Oh, and get some rear spacers on that thing!

bee.jpg

Last edited:
its not my car, its my future brother in laws his names tom too!

thanks for all comments anyway :)

#1, the shadow on the number plate is distracting, keep an eye on where the light is hitting as half of the front wheel is also in a shadow. the left hand side backround is also distracting, maybe if you had turned the car 45-90degrees to the right and used the hedge as the backround might have helped. also try to leave room for the car to 'drive into', have space infront of the car not behind it for this style of shot.

#2 needs more practice, not a bad attempt but try to shorten your shutter speeds or shoot from further away, again leave space for the car to drive into

#3 get the driver to wear darker clothes and shoot later at night to get some light trails etc into the shot, also could be sharper

#4 watch your reflections in the rear of the car also try to get the car in the backround further out of focus by either larger apature or longer focal range.

these are just my opinions, feel free to ignore all of the above but one thing i have found is totally invaluble for car photography is a poleriser filter, gives images so much extra punch it's unreal!

#1, the shadow on the number plate is distracting, keep an eye on where the light is hitting as half of the front wheel is also in a shadow. the left hand side backround is also distracting, maybe if you had turned the car 45-90degrees to the right and used the hedge as the backround might have helped. also try to leave room for the car to 'drive into', have space infront of the car not behind it for this style of shot.

#2 needs more practice, not a bad attempt but try to shorten your shutter speeds or shoot from further away, again leave space for the car to drive into

#3 get the driver to wear darker clothes and shoot later at night to get some light trails etc into the shot, also could be sharper

#4 watch your reflections in the rear of the car also try to get the car in the backround further out of focus by either larger apature or longer focal range.

these are just my opinions, feel free to ignore all of the above but one thing i have found is totally invaluble for car photography is a poleriser filter, gives images so much extra punch it's unreal!

Would that be a circular polariser? And why would that be? Asking as i'm new and don't really understand the filter thing. LOL :wave:

As said, number 3 would be a cracker if it was darker.

Cracking wee cars the MK3 Cupra, i've got one as a track toy. ps, his engine management light is on by the looks of it!(oops didn't see that someone else had noticed)

Would that be a circular polariser? And why would that be? Asking as i'm new and don't really understand the filter thing. LOL :wave:

Yes mate, a circular polariser, it's a filter that cuts through reflections which is polerised light. You attach it to the end off your lens and rotate it until the reflections disapear

No 1 is great... But the side of the car is in too much shade?
No.2 Reasonable panning, needs part of the cvar not blurred to make it work.
No.3 Really does need to be sharp on the dials.
No.4 Let's not talk about that one hehe

Nice car, and you are well on the right tracks, Take all the peoples advice on board and re-shoot it (y)

Yes mate, a circular polariser, it's a filter that cuts through reflections which is polerised light. You attach it to the end off your lens and rotate it until the reflections disapear

Hahahahaha i'm gonna have to get me one of those!!!! But for some pictures i like the way you get reflections of another car that isn't actually in the shot. :)

But thanks for clearing that up, does it affect the light input into the lens?

i love seat's full stop and you got a nice looking cupra there
im not going to say nowt as im new atm hehe

Back