Ibiza FR, Twin Turbo.

Dale.

Bo Derek
Name
Dale.
Edit My Images
Yes
Our new baby, now with 1,500 miles on the clock, in the shadow of Loudon Hill.

sMG_5246_7_8.jpg

I know it's over done but it seems to work well with vehicles.

OUCH..........bit too much HDR there I think, doesnt do much for me..sorry

:thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

Yep, it really is a twin turbo. Believe it or not, it's a 1.4 but will do (apparently;) ) 0-60 in under 7 seconds and go on to 132.:D

On the lappy now, it looks even more over done but hey ho.

PS edit:- anyone got a Pantone Huey they can lend me? ;)

Last edited:
Yep, it really is a twin turbo. Believe it or not, it's a 1.4 but will do (apparently;) ) 0-60 in under 7 seconds and go on to 132.:D

On the lappy now, it looks even more over done but hey ho.

PS edit:- anyone got a Pantone Huey they can lend me? ;)

Is it a twin turbo or is it a twin charger IE: turbo and supercharger?

We were lead to believe at the showroom that it is a twin turbo and if I recall correctly, the SEAT website says the same. Talking to a mate though, he says it's more likely to be a turbo and a supercharger. It does 'whistle' under acceleration.

I will find out.;)

According to the Top Gear website, it's supercharged as well.

nice motor.

taken from the seat site.
Take a sneak preview of what's hidden under the bonnet, and get closer to imagining what's awaiting you when tapping the accelerator. The highly efficient 1.4 TSI 150PS twin-charger engine provides the new Ibiza FR with stunning performance, taking you from 0 to 62 mph in a mere 7.6 seconds and reaching a top speed of 132 mph. A latest generation seven-speed DSG gearbox with steering wheel shift paddles and improved, sportier gearbox software lets the engine's performance and your driving experience soar. At the same time, fuel consumption and emission levels are reduced, so it should come as no surprise that this smart racer complies with EU5 exhaust legislation. If imagining things isn't doing it for you, you'd better get behind the steering wheel soon to get the real deal.

http://www.seat.co.uk/generator/su/com/IbizaFR09/site/engines/main.html

Thanks Scott.

Twin charger, does that mean super or turbo, or one of each?

The mystery deepens, and I drive it everyday.:LOL:

To put out 150PS from a 1.4 I would suspect it has at the very least a Turbo...possibly a Supercharger as well

Ive got a 1.2 Turbo and an engine remap took it from 100bhp to 126bhp :)

1.4 vw group engine has been around for a while with both a supercharger and a turbocharger (one of each). Been in golfs (GT version) and a few others, raced in VW cup over last few years in a jetta as well.
quite a nippy prospect in a lightweight shopping trolley like an Ibiza.
so not a twin turbo, supercharger is mechanical driven from engine to increase air inlet pressure, Turbocharger is driven by exhaust gases to also increase inlet pressure

Last edited:
However it's aspirated, it's bloody nippy.;)

I think I prefer the super and turbo charger idea as oppossed to a twin turbo.(y)

VAG (Volkswagen to you & me) have a range of engines that have both a supercharger and a turbo. The idea is that as you have a supercharger, you should be able to get away with a higher pressure turbo without noticing the lag.

Mate of mine has a Sirocco with one of these engines and it flies.... Nice car (y)

Steve

Its the TSI engine, it has a tupercharger (which gives the whistle) and a turbocharger
alot of VWs have them now, the sirocco, the polo GTi has one and some seats now

just have to have a confusing engine to get a lot of posts now :) lol

the first shot was too overdone but the re-do works great. i would only personally clone out the tyre mark in the snow near the off side front, bit distracting when looking at the front of the car, but the location and angles etc are really good!!

Thanks Rich.

I think the first one was overdone too, if it is viewed as a natural looking image but if it's viewed as a surreal, Top Gear type image (which is what I set out to do), it kinda works, in its own way. Having said that, the difference on our laptop compared to our desktop is considerable and it almost looks cartoony on the laptop, whereas it works on our desktop.

All things considered though, I'm leaning towards the re-work myself.:)

VW TSI uses a supercharger and a turbocharger to give the best of both worlds. Turbochargers generate their boost by exhaust gases, wheras superchargers are mechanically driven and both have different characteristics.

VW were not the first to do it - Lancia were with the Delta S4, followed by Nissan with the Micra SuperTurbo.

Thanks Rich.

I think the first one was overdone too, if it is viewed as a natural looking image but if it's viewed as a surreal, Top Gear type image (which is what I set out to do), it kinda works, in its own way. Having said that, the difference on our laptop compared to our desktop is considerable and it almost looks cartoony on the laptop, whereas it works on our desktop.

All things considered though, I'm leaning towards the re-work myself.:)

No problem, its nice to get feedback for photos posted up on here as aposed to reviewing the engine lol. i do agree if thats the style you went for it definately works. but i do prefer it toned down. good car great location, post up some more :)

i'm close to closing this thread for being a danger to people trying to stay awake :)

It's OK if you have a drop of petrol in your veins. Plus, an improved version of the pic has resulted. :)

Anyone want to see pics of our old, single turbo Altea? :LOL:

Compound Charging.

The BMW's are going this way now , but with two turbo's one small one bigger , i'll just stick to my v8 thanks.

The HDR ones look awful

Surely that depends on taste or what you are trying to achieve though? It looks nice on our desktop with the almost fantasy look (which is what I was after originally) but not too good on our lappy. In a natural looking sense, the second image is more believeable but that's not what I set out to do.

Back