IC 434 Seestar S50

Name
Keith
Edit My Images
No
1708635312256~2.jpg

Odd that it's tagged as IC434 when that is generally taken to be the bright nebula against which the dark dust area Barnard 33, better known as the Horsehead, shows so beautifully. What you have is the Flame Nebula NGC2024. Part of IC434 is showing bottom right but is faint
Are you taking subs and integrating them yourself or just taking what the scope gives you? It's always difficult with faint objects and bright stars in the same field. You need two different exposures and do an HDR merge
Horsehead on the list...........? :)

Odd that it's tagged as IC434 when that is generally taken to be the bright nebula against which the dark dust area Barnard 33, better known as the Horsehead, shows so beautifully. What you have is the Flame Nebula NGC2024. Part of IC434 is showing bottom right but is faint
Are you taking subs and integrating them yourself or just taking what the scope gives you? It's always difficult with faint objects and bright stars in the same field. You need two different exposures and do an HDR merge
Horsehead on the list...........? :)
I had only had the seestar for a couple of days. Had no idea what I was doing at that point . I just went to the sky map, pick something and let it take pics, it was processed in the scope itself.
So not too bad if I'm honest

Back