ICC printer profiles £10 on eBay RGB or CMYK

Status
Not open for further replies.
you wouldn't deliver them yourself by any chance would you? :cautious:

Err what do you mean spam? NO I DON'T DELIVER THEM MYSELF!!

Just thought it might save people spending out stupid money on something you can get for a tenner..

This is the forum for BARGINS

I DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS EBAY ITEM EXCEPT AS A CUSTOMER>>>

MARCEL..WHERE DO YOU GET YOUR INFO? Or do YOU just make it up as you go along?

as-if (NLP)
It has been suggested that this article or section be merged into Philosophy of As If. (Discuss)
"As if" is an extremely common Neuro-linguistic programming presupposition (technically often called a "frame" or context reframe), which draws upon Hans Vaihinger's 1911 paper Philosophie des Als Ob ('Philosophy of As If').

The intent of this frame is to make it easier for a person to explore possibilities and ideas internally, which would usually not be as available to them due to their limiting beliefs about themselves or others. The specific effect sought is to allow a person's limiting beliefs to be temporarily set aside for the purpose of exploring alternate possibilities, without having to threaten or challenge their existing conceptual world-view in the process.

Thus "as-if" is a commonly-used facilitator in NLP, to allow more rapid work and information gathering, without loss of quality, and a technique that may be used to reduce or avoid internal resistance. The limiting beliefs thus avoided can be returned to later if useful. Often the "as-if" frame alone is enough to encourage a person to start to imagine ways they could move beyond their present limits.

Examples
I can't tell my partner how I feel
But if you could, what would you want them to know?
The client will typically at this point move away from "I can't", towards either discussing the heart of the problem (rather than just a blanket denial of their ability to solve it), or – more commonly – they will start to identify what they would wish to say and spontaneously begin to consider ways that it could be said. Either would be seen as a positive step towards the client learning to solve their own problem.
This can be done even more directly:

I don't know anyone who could memorize this poem
But if they could, how do you think they might do it?
Well, I suppose they would.....
Again the intent of an "as-if" frame is to move beyond a flat denial of capability and knowledge, and engage instead a creative approach to consider ways it might be achievable or the wider nature of the problem. This is often called a generative approach, as it encourages the client to brainstorm and generate new ideas without reference to possibly inappropriate prior assumptions of inability.
The "As-if" frame is also used to improve communication.

It may not be true that meaning is in the eye of the recipient. It may be that the recipient is mistaken. But if you work on the basis that the recipient's understanding of what you say (and not yours) is the important one, it will guide you to communicate in a way that gets the actual message across and heard, even if linguistic gymnastics [ie flexibility] are needed to do so.
This is summed up in the NLP saying, The meaning of your communication is the response you get. If you act as if what matters is what they perceive you said, not what you actually said, then it is likely [although not definite] your communications will become more effective.
A last example of the therapeutic use of an "as-if" frame encouraging someone to reconsider their view of reality is an anecdote in the book Trance-Formations':

NLP practitioner: "The question isn't why do you drink. The real question is, what would you do if you didn't? (p.164)".
The lady, an alcoholic, contacted the speaker some time later saying I think that is the most beautiful question in the world, later admitting she had in fact been intending suicide beforehand due to her alcoholism but instead now had not been able to stop thinking about this question.

Possible alternative NLP procedures
Alternative fallbacks if a client continues to feel unable to identify new ideas, might include a variety of methods including:

The presupposition "What stops you?" [presuposes something specific is stopping them which can be identified and considered],
Looking for role models "Who else might know?",
Testing whether there is a generalized belief of impossibility "Could there be anyone who could do it?",
Looking for secondary problems (things that mean it cannot safely be considered) "So what would happen if you did?",
Search for counter-example "Has there ever been a time you could...?",
Search for potential internal conflict "Is there a part of you that would have a problem doing that?"
Search for additional positive motivational leverage "What else would you get if you could?"
Open up the question to admit broader kinds of solution from other perceptual positions such as third parties "If your wife was here, what might she say you weren't seeing?"
Reorienting the client to view the issue more from a future perspective, such as the double question "How would it feel if you could find a way?" followed by "And how might you get that?"
Direct request to the client to overlook for a time, their denial, and consider making a small step instead "And if you could find a way to get there anyway, what might you have to do first?"

I DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS EBAY ITEM EXCEPT AS A CUSTOMER>>>

MARCEL..WHERE DO YOU GET YOUR INFO? Or do YOU just make it up as you go along?

Fair enough. Lemme show you the proof.

A quick google of your username + "ICC", brings up a LOT of results of exactly the same post. Which certainly arouses suspicion...

A quick search of the ebay auction you link to, I notice that the item is located in Dundee, Scotland
A look at the images in that auction, show they are hosted on models-portfolios.co.uk
A quick check of this domain name shows that the registrant is

Registrant:
Alla Prima

Registrant's address:
Kirkcaldy
KY2 ***
United Kingdom

A check of your registered email address shows it's an address @krfc-online.

A whois check of that domain, suggests that, surprise surprise, it's the same registrant who is hosting the pictures on the above ebay auction....

Registrant:
Alla Prima

Registrant's address:
Kirkcaldy
KY2 ***
United Kingdom

Even Christopher Lillicrap couldn't make up a story like that.

If you're going to spam ours (and others) forums, at least cover your tracks. And yes, you've been accused of spamming this same thing on other forums? Are both of us wrong?

In the infamous words of Gene Hunt :

Spam our forums, and I'll come round to yer 'ouse and stamp on all yer toys....I'm off ter the pub.

Apart from the spamming, you're still very welcome to join in any other discussions on here (y) We are a photography forum after all.

Marcel Clouseau, brother of Jacques :D

marcelbusterob7.jpg

:LOL: If you do a whois you'll find we have registered over 500 domains for other companies in the past 24 months, I really don't see your point, our telephone is through BT, if anyone else has their telephone through BT does that mean we are linked...

Is it normal business practise to advertise companies you have had business relations with?

our telephone is through BT, if anyone else has their telephone through BT does that mean we are linked...

well yes! thats kinda how it works....down the phone line...MAGIC HAPPENS...up the phone line to the other person.

:LOL: If you do a whois you'll find we have registered over 500 domains for other companies in the past 24 months

So you're saying you are "Alla Prima"?

In that case, is it normal practise for you to use your customers email addresses as your own?

:popcorn:

He joins every forum in the world that has even the most tenous link with printing of some kind so he can post exactly the same message on each. On some he's a poor student, here he's got a company that has registered hundreds of domains for businesses. On some he's got the profiles and ooooh what a difference they have made!

Busted indded :)

So you're saying you are "Alla Prima"?

In that case, is it normal practise for you to use your customers email addresses as your own?

No. I'm not Alla Prima, but I do work for them, and as you'll see when you look at the Alla Prima website, they don't sell ICC profiles.

I'm also the webmaster for KRFC, which was registered for us (FOC) by Alla Prima

He joins every forum in the world that has even the most tenous link with printing of some kind so he can post exactly the same message on each. On some he's a poor student, here he's got a company that has registered hundreds of domains for businesses. On some he's got the profiles and ooooh what a difference they have made!

Busted indded :)

I am a poor student, I'm doing my masters at the moment, I never said I HAD a company, I work for Alla Prima. I have the profiles for 2 of my printers and yes they do make a big difference, seeing as you are so good with questions, maybe you can answer the one I have been trying to get answered in other forums, Epson 9000, MIS Ultrachrome inks with expanded gamut, do I get a CMYK profile and use Epson RIP or an RGB profile and use the Epson printer driver, printing photographs on to DCP canvas.
I await your reply

Ting Ting no love you long time

If all thats true, why in gods name are you selling printer profiles? They're free with the drivers.

If all thats true, why in gods name are you selling printer profiles? They're free with the drivers.

Hi,
I'm not selling printer profiles, I get mine from ebay, the one you get with your printer eg Epson are fine if you are using the original Epson inks, but if you change inksets like I did, from dye based to pigment based archival inks, you need a custom profile for the printer/inkset/media combination.

I have finished my BA (Hons) Photography, Film and Imaging at Napier Uni in Edinburgh and I am now doing my Masters, I use a lot of different media to print on, and therefor need a lot of profiles, I have seen places selling custom profiles ranging from £30 a profile to well over £100 for a profile, which is a rip off, as you can get them for £10 on ebay, that was the reason for posting the info in this forum (Suppliers, Shopping and Bargains), if I was selling them, I'd have posted in the Trade bit on this forum.

Most members here either use their home printer or Photobox. If I was going to use another company I'd ask them for their ICC profiles so I could properly calibrate my machine. Photobox has been fine for my prints.

Most members here either use their home printer or Photobox. If I was going to use another company I'd ask them for their ICC profiles so I could properly calibrate my machine. Photobox has been fine for my prints.

Yep, but I print on to wood, plastic, acrylic, metal as well as canvas and photopaper, I have my own printers ranging from an A4 up to a 44" printer(all bought on ebay), I do a lot of experimentation and to get my stuff printed by a commercial printer would cost an arm and a leg.

Yep, but I print on to wood, plastic, acrylic, metal as well as canvas and photopaper, I have my own printers ranging from an A4 up to a 44" printer(all bought on ebay), I do a lot of experimentation and to get my stuff printed by a commercial printer would cost an arm and a leg.

care_room.jpg

ive got no idea whats going on in this thread, but its great

this guys got no consistency in his bull****, one minute hes got 2 printers and the next post hes got a whole range of printers, like come on, if your gonna try to generate a story ATLEAST MAKE IT WASH!

A man was driving through a quaint little Yorkhire village. He stopped to give way for a hearse with coffin inside. He was amazed to see behind the hearse a procession of thousands of men. Intrigued he left his car to enquire of one of the locals.

Stranger-Excuse me but could you tell me who's died.
Villager-That there's Lizzie Jones, may God rest her soul.
Stranger-How did she die?
Villager-Poor girl was savaged to death by the families Pit Bull terrier.
Stranger-She must have been very popular, there must be 5,000 men going to the funeral.
Villager-They're not so much going to the funeral as to the auction afterwards.
Stranger-The auction says he quizzically.
Villager-That's right sir, the grieving husband is putting the dog up for sale.

this guys got no consistency in his bull****, one minute hes got 2 printers and the next post hes got a whole range of printers, like come on, if your gonna try to generate a story ATLEAST MAKE IT WASH!

Read the post, "2 of my printers"

A man was driving through a quaint little Yorkhire village. He stopped to give way for a hearse with coffin inside. He was amazed to see behind the hearse a procession of thousands of men. Intrigued he left his car to enquire of one of the locals.

Stranger-She must have been very popular, there must be 5,000 men going to the funeral.

Lets hope none of your family is savaged by a mad dog, or you might find this 'joke' tasteless.

Funny to read but hasn't everyone here tried to push a product or service here at some time. I know I have!

I even have the crappy lens pen to prove it :LOL:

:coat:

What's that got to do with nobody giving a **** about your special offer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back