ICC Printer profiles for mac

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello everyone!

Im having a bit of an issues sorting out my icc printer profiles with cs5.

Ive downloaded the profiles for my epson px710W from the epson to my mac but I have no idea where they have been installed.

Does anyone know how i can find the files on the mac hard-drive? Ive tried searching for them in spotlight but cant seem to find them!!!

Its beginning to get quite frustrating now!

Also, what do I need to do with photoshop when I have managed to locate the profiles?

Any help is most gratefully received!:help:

when you print and you choose photoshop manages colour you will get a list of profiles to choose from assuming they have installed properly

Maybe worth checking out the guys at Pure Profiles, they have had plenty of mentions here before. I have absolutely no affilaiations with them by the way.

You need to drop them in here then restart the program.

/Library/ColorSync/Profiles

don't use epson RGB - you also have to turn off ICM in the epson print dialogue box too.

When you go to the printer dialogue set as follows

COLOUR MANAGEMENT Select Document.
You should now see the documents colour profile , usually sRGB

COLOUR HANDLING Select Photoshop manages Colors

PRINTER PROFILE Select the profile for you paper/printer combination

RENDERING INTENT Various options, I'd recommend perceptual

tick BLACK POINT COMPENSATION

In the print dialogue box that pops up with the print command, go to Colour Matching and the Colour sync box should be selected but probably greyed out

Under Print settings ( Basic) you should see a summery which will tell you the type of paper surface you have selected and that the appropriate colour sync profile has bee selected

Back