id please

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
_V2C9946.jpg

A surprise visitor today - a positive id would be appreciated.

Yes, definitely a male Blackcap, one of my fav birds. They love suet cake, so if you dont have any suet, get some.

Every winter I get at least one that stays for a couple of months and then goes off. Had one male and one female 3 years ago, then just a female came and I havent had a male for the last 2 winters.

I have a female that is visiting regularly at the moment. She has been around since January and still here which is the longest I have had one stay, so I am hopeful that she might hang around this summer (and bring a male lol).

The female has a chestnut cap on the head and although they are a relatively plain colour, their plumage really is beautiful.

Hope your male hangs around a while - and listen out for his gorgeous song.

Linda

Yes, definitely a male Blackcap, one of my fav birds. They love suet cake, so if you dont have any suet, get some.

Every winter I get at least one that stays for a couple of months and then goes off. Had one male and one female 3 years ago, then just a female came and I havent had a male for the last 2 winters.

I have a female that is visiting regularly at the moment. She has been around since January and still here which is the longest I have had one stay, so I am hopeful that she might hang around this summer (and bring a male lol).

The female has a chestnut cap on the head and although they are a relatively plain colour, their plumage really is beautiful.

Hope your male hangs around a while - and listen out for his gorgeous song.

Linda

Well he's popped back today again - he's quite partial to the peanuts - so we wait and see.

Tom

Back