Idiots...Fume.....

Name
Andy Grant
Edit My Images
Yes
This morning I was looking through some images on another site (e-photozine) and I saw a photograph of 2 very recently hatched chicks. This had been taken from directly above and from a close distance. I left a post saying I thought that this was wrong as the parents may have been spooked by someone this close.

Heres the thread

http://www.ephotozine.com/photo/bird-s-nest-18959985

This geezer then had the nerve to tell me not to leave posts like this again as he knew what he was doing..... :annoyed:

Did I over react or was this irresponsible?

Cheers

Andy

See it all too often now, people with a camera think they can do anything,many times with no regard for the subject. Remember that numb cow at Donna Nook?

Obvious exceptions on here of course.........:)

I agree with you Andy. Seems more luck than judgement they weren't abandoned. Maybe if had explained a bit more about how his does it.

He's really p*ssed me off actually. I am now in argumentative/fighting mode and if he replies to my last post in the same way fur will fly......:bat:

Andy

Chill out mate..............:LOL:

He's really p*ssed me off actually. I am now in argumentative/fighting mode and if he replies to my last post in the same way fur will fly......:bat:

Andy

Andy, fully understandable, you were right in what you said, he was wrong end of story.

That said, I'm going to bookmark other thread as you know he WILL come back and this could get interesting :LOL: :bat: :bang: :D

What a shame he's in the Phillipines, bit too far to travel for a ruck...:LOL:

Andy

I see someone has backed you up now :)

Perhaps the birds in the Philippines aren't as easily scared as they are in the UK :LOL:

In many cases I would agree with you, but unless I've missed something he doesn't say anything about where they are. Some birds are almost pets in certain places and have no fear of humans. For years my mum has had birds in her hanging baskets, which don't seem to mind being lifted off the wall to be watered everynow and then!

Not saying you're wrong, as obviously you shouldn't disturb a nest for the sake of a photograph, but without all the facts, don't get too worked up.

In the Philippines, eh? They've probably been cooked and eaten by now. Different culture = different rules :shrug:

I know its probably a culture thing but it still makes me angry and when he then has the nerve to ask me not to say such things again...well thats really got my dander up. Its just not cricket...

Andy

Well the thread has been pulled, without any explanation I might add, so I've requested some clarification from the mods. Not expecting much though they aren't a patch on the mods on this forum....:love:

Andy

Correct.....

they aren't a patch on the mods on this forum....:love:

Andy

The mods were ok on here, then someone gave Cobra the job..............:naughty:

I :love: cobra :)

Chris......do one.....:LOL:

Last edited:
photo is gone... chicks might have flewn away...

The problem here Andy is that whilst you may think it is wrong he did say he knew what he was doing, that might have been the case :shrug: Also the fact he is from another culture and is having somebody tell him what he should and should not be doing is bound to ruffle his feathers :thinking: ;) Take a look here http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&biw=1680&bih=935&gbv=2&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=chicks+in+nest&oq=chicks+in+nest&aq=f&aqi=g1g-m1&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=22838l28543l0l29044l13l13l0l3l3l0l220l1314l4.5.1l10 I wonder how many people who took these shots know what they are doing?

Back