Idsworth Church Hampshire (56k beware)

• Thread starter Deleted member 3428
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3428

Very flat lighting today but I had an outing to Idsworth Church in Hampshire. St Huberts which was built in 1053 and is mentioned in the Dooms Day Book. Inside the church are 14th century wall paintings. It's well worth a visit if you are in the area.

2283304701_01e8089731_o.jpg

2283853100_c1f7b65a60_o.jpg

2283853328_2d84edef99_o.jpg

2283853586_116a3dca4a_o.jpg

2283067945_bde905fb4c_o.jpg

Splendid series there!(y)(y)(y)

Pity about the dust bunny in #1 though:bonk:

Penultimate probably my least fav of the lot - too much foreground.

Splendid shots though - love the dramatic sky!

:D(y)

Thanks for the input Anton, I thought I got them all :LOL: Lighting wasn't great but they didn't turn out too bad.

Thats an ugly sky Alby!
#2 is my favourite out of the set (y)

Wow :eek: Great subject and lovely set (y)

All good but loving no1

Thanks for all your kind comments chaps ;)

Number 1 is my favourite, a superb sky and interesting subject matter.(y)

1 is my fave, maybe could do with a little bit of the foreground cropped out.

I like the first two the best. No.1 one because of the stormy clouds, think the colour one looks better, has more impact than the b&w version. on the second shot love the wide angle and being low down so you can see the snowdrops. (y)

Thanks for your comments Alan, it looked like it was just about to chuck it down but fortunately didn't ;)

One of the landmarks I look out for when coming home on the train from London. Fine, moody set Alby. That's another location down on my list :)

Number 1 for me, though I can't see a dust bunny. In fact, I have no idea what a dust bunny is. :shrug:

Number 1 for me, though I can't see a dust bunny. In fact, I have no idea what a dust bunny is. :shrug:

Well it is rather the work of the dust bunny than seeing a bunny in the image:naughty:

Have a good look at #1 near the left-hand vertical edge, about 1,5" above the horizon and a bit more than 1/4" from the vertical edge.

The little dark spec in the clouds is the work of the dust bunny:bonk:(y):D

Thanks for looking folks, Anton you have the eyes of an eagle. I bet your a dab hand at spot the difference :LOL: (y)

The first one is my fave. Fabulous sky. Great detail all over given the flat lighting. Almost a whiff of hdr around them.

The little dark spec in the clouds is the work of the dust bunny:bonk:(y):D

I think I can see it, but it could just be a bit of cloud. Is there a smiley with glasses on? :LOL:

Looking at pic 1 again, if you crop off the bottom inch or so it looks a bit better - just scroll until the right hand corner is earth rather than grass to see what I mean.

The first one is my fave. Fabulous sky. Great detail all over given the flat lighting. Almost a whiff of hdr around them.
Yes you have a good nose these are HDRs :)
I think I can see it, but it could just be a bit of cloud. Is there a smiley with glasses on? :LOL:

Looking at pic 1 again, if you crop off the bottom inch or so it looks a bit better - just scroll until the right hand corner is earth rather than grass to see what I mean.
Yes it does improve it I think, I might just give the original a bit of a snip ;)

1 & 2 are stunning.. love the way you've framed the photo in 2 drawing the eyes in slowly. (y)

(y)The first one is my favourite. It looks very threatening and austere. Sometimes the HDR looks overdone, but these have just the right amount. I don't like the B&W versions, mainly because just don't like B&W. It always seems a shame to take away the colour - it makes everything look so boring. Just my personal opinion.

1 & 2 are stunning.. love the way you've framed the photo in 2 drawing the eyes in slowly. (y)
Thnaks for looking ;)
(y)The first one is my favourite. It looks very threatening and austere. Sometimes the HDR looks overdone, but these have just the right amount. I don't like the B&W versions, mainly because just don't like B&W. It always seems a shame to take away the colour - it makes everything look so boring. Just my personal opinion.
I agree where these are concerned HWG ;)

Thanks for looking folks, Anton you have the eyes of an eagle. I bet your a dab hand at spot the difference :LOL: (y)

:D Well being a fingerprint expert, I make a living by doing these things...:bonk:

(y)

Well I have just sat here with a ruler trying to find the work of this elusive dust bunny, and all I found was a little bit of light coloured cloud!! Either I need glasses or this screen is c*** oops I mean rubbish :LOL:

Well I have just sat here with a ruler trying to find the work of this elusive dust bunny, and all I found was a little bit of light coloured cloud!! Either I need glasses or this screen is c*** oops I mean rubbish :LOL:

Here you go, so small even I missed them ;)

2313993197_89dd0ca5e8_o.jpg

Back