if I had..

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
Yes
err.. I mean... if a friend had dropped my..err..his canon f1.4 50mm on the floor how could I..err..he check it was still ok?

It all looks ok, but not sure how to convince myself...err..him that it is, since I suspect any problems might only show up at wide open apertures - which at 1.4 are highly likely to be difficult to spot as anything other than perfect focussing would look wrong even if the lens was functioning perfectly anyway.

any ideas from anyone before I bite the bullet and buy a replacement anyway? (I am taking it out tomorrow anyway to check, but wondered if there was anything I could do before hand, or is it the case that if it seems to be ok it is?

thanks

Own up as a friend should and tell him to get it serviced (cost around £90?)

Cheaper than a new lens, and there could be something wrong that would show up a few weeks down the line.

He was good enough to lend it to you...........(y)

It is actually mine, the comment about the friend was to try and avoid embarrassment in owning up I'd dropped the bloody thing in the first place. If it was someone elses I would replace it without questions.

Still at least there is an upside... if I'd dropped the body I was holding in the other hand I'd be a lot unhappier (1D mkII)

I sort of thought so,but now you can wait and see, if nowt goes wrong in the next couple of weeks you've got away with it.

My camera strap came undone :shrug: a few weeks ago,and I dinked my Siggy 28-200 on the concrete , tuff little bugger is still working.(y)

UV filter got a good drubbin though :cautious:

Back