If you cant beat 'em , join 'em

Edit My Images
Yes
after looking at pirate neilsouth's "orton processing" i though i'd have a go

not sure if these work , but glad to have tried something new

c and c very welcome

orton1.jpg

orton2.jpg

love the reflections! just a littttle tiny bit too "bloom" on the real trees, very nice pictures though!

With any extreme processing many more people will dislike it than appreciate it:)

I'm with the majority - it does look pretty horrible.

I do suspect there might be a reasonable picture hidden behind the processing mess. Can you post a vanilla version?

Although I'm not anti post processing by any means (I love and use HDR quite a bit), I've tried the Orton method myself and have never come up with a reasonable result. I think I've only ever seen one orton shot that worked and that was an autumnal shot with all the reds and oranges in the trees.

Sadly, your shot doesn't quite do it for me either. It makes my eyes go funny trying to focus properly - sorry

With any extreme processing many more people will dislike it than appreciate it:)

I'm with the majority - it does look pretty horrible.

I do suspect there might be a reasonable picture hidden behind the processing mess. Can you post a vanilla version?

:agree:

.... and put so much more delicately than I would probably have managed :)

Last edited:
I was in Grasmere a few weeks ago, very photogenic little place!

Sorry, they hurt my eyes from trying to focus. Doesn't work for me i'm afraid...can you post the originals?

Can't say I am a fan of the extremety of said processing. Perhaps if you tone it back it might be better to offer crit, at the moment, my eyes are hunting for a focal point.

Gary.

Thanks everyone for the honest crit , its the only way i'm going to learn

heres the originals

lakessss.jpg

lakesss.jpg

Much nicer :)

Both the above lead your eye nicely to the wall and lawn area behind it. Only thing missing is something on the lawn as a subject. needs a kid throwing stones at the ducks or something :)

Back