If you had the choice

Name
Sean Logie
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm in a quandary,if you had to choose which of the two would you pick or ,i'm open to other suggestions .I do a fare bit of motocross and rally photography which i get great access to ,too close sometimes :D
Tamron 28-70mm f2.8 XR Di...

Sigma 24-70mm f2.8 EX DG Macro :shrug:

I'm in a quandary,if you had to choose which of the two would you pick or ,i'm open to other suggestions .I do a fare bit of motocross and rally photography which i get great access to ,too close sometimes :D
Tamron 28-70mm f2.8 XR Di...

Sigma 24-70mm f2.8 EX DG Macro :shrug:

My kneejerk reflex would be to go for the Sigma's wider angle. But the Sigma is also designed for macro, which makes up part of the price of course. So that part would be wasted if you don't do much macro.

If I were in your shoes I'd like to see reviews of both.

I've not used the Tamron but I have the Sigma as my walkabout lens. If you get a good copy it's as sharp as you like(y)

I really like Tamron stuff but that Sigma lens is great and out of the two it's what I'd choose. It's huge too and really looks the bee's knees :)

I wouldn't choose to shoot motocross or rallying with either of those, the glass on my camera would be 80-200mm and then a wide angle in the bag..
If I had to choose one, I'd toss a coin..:shrug:

oops, I just checked your bag...lullz, and I'd still buy an 80-200 f2.8 as the money shooter..

I wouldn't choose to shoot motocross or rallying with either of those, the glass on my camera would be 80-200mm and then a wide angle in the bag..
If I had to choose one, I'd toss a coin..:shrug:

oops, I just checked your bag...lullz, and I'd still buy an 80-200 f2.8 as the money shooter..
ur probably right... but ... the places i go for ma pics i can literally put out my hand and touch the subject.. hence the need for the lens i'm suggesting ,i've grown to really like those close up pan shots lately.Plus it would make a great walk abt lens:)

I've just bought the sigma, mainly for the added wide range and what looked like nicer build quality. I've yet to finish testing it thoroughly but so far it seems a tad soft (needs more sharpening) at 2.8 but excellent when stopped down a fraction. I would be interested to here if other peoples versions are similar.:)

Probably the sigma, my canon of the same length is fine for the tracks we do. You going to Tain on the 29th?

Probably the sigma, my canon of the same length is fine for the tracks we do. You going to Tain on the 29th?
evening sir ...whats on there then,normally hear about these things:cautious:

I've just bought the sigma, mainly for the added wide range and what looked like nicer build quality. I've yet to finish testing it thoroughly but so far it seems a tad soft (needs more sharpening) at 2.8 but excellent when stopped down a fraction. I would be interested to here if other peoples versions are similar.:)
hi there,i've read a few articles about the Sigma 24-70mm f2.8 EX DG ,there seems to be an issue in quality control ..ie there not all the same build quality :shrug:

evening sir ...whats on there then,normally hear about these things:cautious:

Just a training day as far as I know, was having a coffee with Nightmair on thursday and he said that's where they were all heading to. Think there's a stubble field at Woodside somewhere as well.

Just a training day as far as I know, was having a coffee with Nightmair on thursday and he said that's where they were all heading to. Think there's a stubble field at Woodside somewhere as well.
up for that a think depending on how the amber nectar intake goes,no work to worry about for a fortnight:D(y)..weather like this week would be grand,any idea who's doing the training ?.Were you at Llanbryde stubble last weekend?,seemingly Mr Graig was flying on his new steed.

not an organised day, just the guys having a blast :D

Nah, didn't make it, I'd heard the KTM was suiting him though :) This years going to be interesting with Disco off the bike. Leaves it wide open for the title IMO. TC, Bunga, Flocky, Craig Trew, young Sean might even be in with a chance. Can't wait :D

not an organised day, just the guys having a blast :D

Nah, didn't make it, I'd heard the KTM was suiting him though :) This years going to be interesting with Disco off the bike. Leaves it wide open for the title IMO. TC, Bunga, Flocky, Craig Trew, young Sean might even be in with a chance. Can't wait :D
Yip should be a cracker , if TC can stay on i reckon he's the man..(y)

Slightly off topic, but how do you guys cope with the dust..?
I went to a couple of enduros out here in southern Spain, and the dust was amazing - so fine - I was rather worried about dust getting inside my lenses - yes, I know that in the UK at this time of year fine dust is not a major problem, but Dod, from what I have seen of your work, you must have either come across the problem or at least know how to avoid it...

Slightly off topic, but how do you guys cope with the dust..?
I went to a couple of enduros out here in southern Spain, and the dust was amazing - so fine - I was rather worried about dust getting inside my lenses - yes, I know that in the UK at this time of year fine dust is not a major problem, but Dod, from what I have seen of your work, you must have either come across the problem or at least know how to avoid it...
what i do is pick a lens and stick with it, or change it in the back of the car,but like you i worry abt it ,you can also try a clear plastic bag (y)

I stopped worrying about it a long time ago, even before I got the 1D MkII. If I need to clean the sensor I clean it, I did have a lens that got the diaphragm blades a bit sticky but £60 to sigma and it was right as rain :)

It's not so much dust as stones I worry about :p

I stopped worrying about it a long time ago, even before I got the 1D MkII. If I need to clean the sensor I clean it, I did have a lens that got the diaphragm blades a bit sticky but £60 to sigma and it was right as rain :)

It's not so much dust as stones I worry about :p
Or the "DUBS" eh Dod :D:D:D:D

I was more concerned with dust getting into my lenses - no way was I going to change lenses, but the dust was so fine that I was concerned with it getting into my lenses or even the flash, which I am still getting dust out of..!

Back