Ilford Galerie Gold Fibre Silk

Name
Brian
Edit My Images
Yes
I have just printed a 10x8 image from this 310gsm paper using the Ilford ICC profile through photoshop on an Epson 3880 printer.

Only one word to describe it......................Fantastic.

I have just brought some ilford smooth pearl which I really like as well.

Brian glad you are pleased with the paper. Is that using dye inks or pigments only I tried it recently with my Epson 1400 dye ink printer and the colours were all over the place....that was using the icc profile but then again it could have been my error settings.
Thanks
dave

Isn't the GFS paper recommended for pigment ink, but not recommended for dye ink?

If you like the Ilford Gold Fibre silk you may want to try Hahnemuhle Fine Art Pearl . Very similar surface characteristics to Ilford and similar tonal range , but has that Fine Art paper feel.

To be honest I don't know which I prefer. ( The Ilford is cheaper though, and tends to be more readily available )

I must try some different printer setting then

Go to Ilford's site and you will find the settings for your printer and the ICC profile for the paper.

Will have a look at the Hahnemuhle Fine Art Pearl Chappers, once this box of 50 Galerie paper has gone down a bit but compared to the Epson paper I have used in the past it's miles ahead.

Go to Ilford's site and you will find the settings for your printer and the ICC profile for the paper.

Will have a look at the Hahnemuhle Fine Art Pearl Chappers, once this box of 50 Galerie paper has gone down a bit but compared to the Epson paper I have used in the past it's miles ahead.

I'd be more inclined to try Hahemuhle fine art baryta over the FA pearl

Back