Ilford launch new 35mm film camera

Edit My Images
Yes
Not sure if anyone has already posted this ( I couldn't find anything on here) But Ilford/Harman have launched a new simple 35mm camera based on a disposible type camera.

More details here New ilford film camera.

So... basically a reusable single use camera... not sure I'd bother with that tbh

It's not quite the Ilford Witness:
Roger Hicks in one of his back page articles for Amateur Photographer claimed that cameras come to be expensive collectibles if they were either frighteningly expensive or so bad that no-one wanted them. I knew a bloke who inherited a Witness from his father and claimed that it qualified on both counts!

Not sure I see any point to it. The market that Instamatics and other point and shoot cameras were aimed at is well served by phone cameras today, and many of them go far beyond that. I think most people who want to experiment with film will have used digital, and be looking for something a bit more capable/interesting than this.

OTOH, I've always supported the concept of willing buyer/willing seller. If it appeals to you, and you don't mind spending £30 to play with one, go for it.

Roger Hicks in one of his back page articles for Amateur Photographer claimed that cameras come to be expensive collectibles if they were either frighteningly expensive or so bad that no-one wanted them. I knew a bloke who inherited a Witness from his father and claimed that it qualified on both counts!

I've alway noted exactly that with many vintage items Motorbikes ,cars and a range of other things. I've always wondered why people bother going to great expense to restore or collect something that was so naff in the first place that no one wanted it then !

On one article I read that they have released this as the market for disposables has took off so I'm guessing this has been based on their own sales !

It's not a terrible idea given the focus on reducing waste. Whilst they apparently recycle the single use cameras this way you can be sure. Though why you'd not just get one of a thousand on ebay I'm not sure.

I think your right Steven, I think most people would buy a disposable purely as they are disposable and they don't have to worry about losing or breaking the thing. The reuseable camera although cheap seems to go against this idea. That said I may well buy one as I do enjoy using Lowfi film cameras but I guess I'm in a minority.

Back