Im annoyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Sayle

2017MSA Young Photographer of the Year(Motorsport)
Name
Matt Sayle
Edit My Images
Yes
What is it with people on this forum? I love this place, I am on it far too much in fact. My GF says I am addicted too it. The thing is how come people ruin threads by getting them locked with comments that are there too just cause trouble. I am not going to name names but I just want vent my anger!! I joined back in september, and it was great everyone got along and it was fantastic but over the last couple of months there have been a few eedjits making stupid comments which are just asking for trouble. I know of one person who left TPF due these people. I am not going to be that silly as I love this place and I dont want to leave TPF, its just a shame that people make my TPF expericence one that is not as enjoyable as it could be.

RANT OVER!!

You could say TP is a "victim" of it's own success due to the enormously increased membership which will no doubt include a few members of the type you mention.

I think we will just have to live with it and rely on the excellent team of mods we have to weed them out.

It is a little tedious to say the least...
I think I know why this post is here all of a sudden... and I admit that I'm the first to 'bite' when someone posts a stupid comment when I should perhaps bite my tongue. So I'm going to apologise to those people who know me for adding fuel to the fire and winding the guy up. But I stand by my later comment that if he didn't see the merit in what we were discussing he should simply not post at all and go elsewhere, rather than stirring things up by implying we were somehow infantile for expressing an interest in cars and motoring.

if you see a contentious post, please hit the RTM button underneath it, this way it alerts all the staff, and also keeps a record of who has reported something. It gives us the best way of keeping an eye on who causes trouble etc etc :)

if you see a contentious post, please hit the RTM button underneath it, this way it alerts all the staff, and also keeps a record of who has reported something. It gives us the best way of keeping an eye on who causes trouble etc etc :)

Will do! I am sure most people know who i am going on about anyway ;)

:LOL: at EG

Can i just say that one of the people i was going on about has just PM'ed me to say sorry. You know who you are. :clap: Thanks for that mate :clap: I am sorry too.

Matt in any group of people there will be aspects you don't like. Every now and then this happens on here. Report threads that are out of order the mods / admin do an excellent job on here and i find people that arn't really in the spirit of TP will soon get board. The die hard members, mods and admin are what makes this place great. i for one have learnt so much and just ignore the idiots.

:LOL: at EG

Can i just say that one of the people i was going on about has just PM'ed me to say sorry. You know who you are. :clap: Thanks for that mate :clap: I am sorry too.

I have been in a similar position, a regular member made a personal attack on me, I clicked the report button, he had his post amended and the reason inserted but no apology came my way, he also will know who he is if he reads this thread, just an apology would have been ok and we would all have been buddies and it would have been history but now whenever I see his avatar I only think of his attack on me.

Right can we draw a line under this now please ladies and gentlepeeps :)
Just to reiterate, if you see any posts that break the rules, or are deliberately argumentative, or need mod intervention for one reason or another (closing, duplicates etc), please use the RTM button (
report.gif
), under the post in question. All staff get a confidential note then to point them to the post.

I'm gonna close this now, so we can draw a line under the whole thing, and ask everyone to play nicely. We're all grownups here, and while there are plenty of us, all it takes is a little thought for each other to get along just fine. There's plenty of room on the forum for everyone :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back