'Im forever blowing bubbles'

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
C&C's Welcome

Fly.jpg

How the bloody hell did you get that? Its amazing quality

I am going to trap every house fly that has the unfortunate pleasure of drifting in through the window then I will ask mrs wheels to super glue it to a sheet of paper :LOL:

I am going to trap every house fly that has the unfortunate pleasure of drifting in through the window then I will ask mrs wheels to super glue it to a sheet of paper :LOL:

SUPERGLUE :eek:, had never thought of that! :naughty:

Seriously though Chris, I think its superb what you managed to get. I know my opinion as a Noobie will not count for anything but thats my 2 pence worth.

Seriously though Chris, I think its superb what you managed to get. I know my opinion as a Noobie will not count for anything but thats my 2 pence worth.

Cheers Wheels, your opinion is very much appreciated. (y)

I think it's very irresponsible of you to give bubblegum to a fly. :D

Sorry :( ....:LOL: What are the chances of popping that bubble with a pin JUST as i take the shot. Do you think it'd have the same effect as popping chewing gum :LOL: ........Then again, it doesnt really bare thinking about :puke:

Last edited:
Incredible image, although it is pretty disgusting! :D

Nonsense :) You're opinion is as valid as anyone else's!

Thanks David. I've seen quite afew pictures on the internet of flies doing this, but its the first ive ever captured myself.......it is pretty disgusting :puke:

If you don't mind me asking, What lens etc did you use ?

Not at all Noel. I used the Tamron 90mm, a full set of extension tubes (68mm in total) and a 2x converter. Jessops 360AFD flash fired from a flash bracket.

Handheld with no resizing. ;)

amazing (y)

Excellent capture.

What was the working distance between lens and subject?

Now Im wondering if I could get the same effect with my 18-200

If you cant afford a dedicated macro at the moment, try a raynox on your 18-200mm. Before i bought my macro setup, i used to use the raynox on my 70-300mm lens with pretty good results. Without switching to canon for the infamous 'mpe65', i dont think i'd be able to get any better 'mag' without looking quality.

Stunning detail, its quite some macro, obviously of a teenager with the gum :naughty: very well taken indeed (y)

Great shot.
I read that flies throw up on their food before eating. Is this whats hapenning here?

I've also read:

'Flies do blow bubbles to clean their mouthparts with this fluid, more or less to flush them, and after they are ready they ingest the fluid again.'

'Flies can use bubbling for cooling of overheated body ? thermoregulation.'

BTW,

'Im forever blowing bubbles'

Isn't this what Michael Jackson used to say?

:nono: ....:LOL:

Gross but an absolutely cracking picture!

Cheers Ash. (y)

Back