I'm smitten.....T2

Name
Kevin
Edit My Images
No
Had 3 days in Wales and caught my first Hawk T2. :love: Absolutely love it!
Light was harsh, but got a few keepers. Really want to take some more of this aircraft.
A very shiny T2!:

DSC_0167b800.jpg

DSC_0168b800.jpg

DSC_0169b800.jpg

I'll post some more from visit in another thread later. But for now, the T2 gets a thread of its own. :D

Kev.

Last edited:
it's a lovely looking aircraft, and your shots do it justice. It's much easier to focus on than the TA 1 (it is a TA 1 aint it??) for some reason, maybe because it's shinier

Charlie

Glad you appreciate the jet Kev. These must have been taken on either Tuesday PM or Wednesday AM as we were doing aircombat for the rest of the week and the loop just isn't the place to do that!

I think it looks better than the T1s (the T1A is fully weapons capable, the T1 W has a partial weapons capability)

I got a few air-to-air shots on my wifes 'point and shoot' camera this week - they are on my Flickr if you are interested!

See you on the hills in a week or so.

Cheesy

Glad you appreciate the jet Kev. These must have been taken on either Tuesday PM or Wednesday AM as we were doing aircombat for the rest of the week and the loop just isn't the place to do that!

I think it looks better than the T1s (the T1A is fully weapons capable, the T1 W has a partial weapons capability)

I got a few air-to-air shots on my wifes 'point and shoot' camera this week - they are on my Flickr if you are interested!

Cheesy

That is probably the reason why it was dead on friday in the loop :LOL:

Cheesy

They were taken Wednesday pm Cheesy. Lovely aircraft. Really is. I can now visualise where that cockpit console sits now that you did. :D
I like it so much that I can't even be bothered to edit the T1 shots that I got. :LOL:
The T1 guys didn't go as low as the T2 either this time.

Kev.

The T1 guys didn't go as low as the T2 either this time.

The T2 has a RadAlt which helps judging MSD, the T1 pilot has only the Mk1 eyeball to judge height above the ground (yes it has a pressure altimeter - but that won't work over undulating terrain) , so it makes sense that they would err on the side of caution.

Cheesy

Great shots Kev, its a lovely jet.....seems more aggressive than the T1.

looks like you had a good time and nice weather at the loop on this visit Kev, love the shots and looking forward to your next posting on here :)

Back