Image editing/Copyright

GfK

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
No
Hello.

Just wondering - if someone posts pictures in Photo Sharing/Critique and has the "Image Edit" thing ticked.... but then they've gone and stamped a Copyright notice across their picture, does that mean we can edit it, or not? :thinking:

I should think so ... they have given their permission to edit but this does not waive the use of it for reward or personal gain ... I think there is a difference but I'm no lawyer ! :shrug:

Then there is the question ... is the edited version still under their copyright I suppose ? :thinking:

Well by ticking the edit box, they've given you express permission to edit, unless they've totally misunderstood why it's there. Most people who use copyright notices are more concerned about their stuff being copied and used elsewhere I'd imagine. One of the good things about the file size limitations on this forum is that even if people do nick your stuff, it's of a size and quality to be of limited use to them -they're certainly not going to do posters from them. :)

Yes it does, and yes it is.

The Edit tickbox, is only there to expressly allow other forum members to edit and repost a shot on the forums only, which is usually or the point of demonstrating a purpose (I'll show you what I mean instead of explain it).
Copyright stays with the original member...the only thing that it means is that other members have permission to 'tinker' on the forums only. I reworded the description of the tickbox recently to make it clearer, and we'll be incorporating that into the mega FAQ that we're writing at the moment.

:LOL: For the main part it's standard forum rules, much of which is covered by common sense. Also, we'll just be laying out forum policy on things like swearing, accounts etc etc. Common stuff really.

But it won't just be a rules section, it's also going to be a help / forum FAQ, in that it explains the size rules in the sharing forums, the specific rules for the Market Place. What to do if you have a problem, how we can help etc etc...so like I say it's not just rules and T&C's but a help section too :)

Nah, if we wanted that we'd put nekkid ladies inbetween paragraphs.
(And we'd have to do a separate one for the ladies of the forums....actually...no....Matty would have to do a separate one for the ladies...:D)

Marcel said:
Nah, if we wanted that we'd put nekkid ladies inbetween paragraphs.
(And we'd have to do a separate one for the ladies of the forums....actually...no....Matty would have to do a separate one for the ladies...:D)

HeHe ... beggar the thought !!! :puke: :LOL:

Back