Image editing on a touchscreen computer

Name
Jonathan
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm off for a nice holiday :) Since I like to take snaps and will have some free time in the evening I thought I could choose any decent pictures from the day, give them a quick edit and resize for socials etc.

I'll be taking my trust Sony RX100 and new (to me) Surface Pro 9. It's a fairly low powered S9 - i5 with 8GB of memory. I won't be taking the S9 keyboard but will have the pen with me.

What s/w should I be looking at to make this fun and easy? Obviously I have Windows Photos and Irfanview but are there any nice editors that play well with a touch screen (and no mouse)?

OK so a partial answer....FastStone is not only a beautiful piece of s/w it's fantastic on a touch screen. Also Luminar Neo seems a lot of fun.

For backups, Cobian reflector is suitably nerdy though it does come with a warning....

1712602152850.png

Is that Image Viewer or one of FastStone's other products?

Is that Image Viewer or one of FastStone's other products?
It's Image Viewer - they aren't kidding when they say
  • Support touch interface (tap, swipe, pinch)
It looks like it will displace my long term most used app, Irfanview. I went back to their website to see if they want some money for it and will probably end up buying a commercial license even though my use doesn't require one.

Reactions: Nod
Not sure if it’s available on touch screen computer not familiar with them but I use affinity photo on my iPad it’s great can do simple adjustments or more complicated things if you need to

Thanks for that, Jonathan. I'll give it a try.

Would a cheap ish graphics tablet work?

Back