Image sizes.

Name
Tommy
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi folks, I'm very much a beginner and a bit puzzled about the following. I have my camera set to take images in raw and alongside RAW on the menu it says 3888x2592. I assumed this would be the image size in pixels but every photo I have taken so far has come out 800x600. I have seen others take great quality shots much larger than 800x600 so I tried resizing mine in CS4 but they look very pixellated when increased. Am I misunderstanding my camera setting, should I be shooting in RAW+Jpg to get a larger size or is 800x600 the best I can do?

I'm using a Canon 400D and my editing software is Lightroom 2 and CS4.

Regards
Tommy.

Once your picture is 800x600 you cannot resize it back up again without the pixelation.

Any RAW pictures will be at full res but you need to check the settings of whatever software you are using as one of them is resizing it. Try copying a straight RAW file then opening it directly with CS4 it should be at the high res. If you want to resize pictures you can either use the auto settings in your camera or the settings in light room or even CS4.

I like to keep them full res and resize them last thing. Obviously I use Script Writer for photoshop (see sig) because I wrote it :)

Ah thank you mate, it does open full size in CS4 so I assume it must be my lightroom settings that are resizing them. I'll have a wee look-see and mess around and hopefully get it sorted. Much appreciated. (y)

Back