Immense inversion and some sunset on some Mountains

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All.
Yesterday me and the Wife decided to go to the Alps, Just a 2 1/2 drive for us.
I took some shots a couple of months back and posted them here.
The weather forecast for yesterday was a mixed bag (so they said) with rain and wind so to our surprise there was no rain but the cloud remained.
This is the Col de la Bonnett, The highest road in Europe at 2800 mts.
We arrived from the North side and did not expect to see what we saw when we turned the corner.
This inversion was immense and the sunset colours on the Mountains was not too bad either.

DSC_1681 by Provence Photography 83, on Flickr

DSC_1597 by Provence Photography 83, on Flickr

DSC_1595 by Provence Photography 83, on Flickr

DSC_1683 by Provence Photography 83, on Flickr

DSC_1603 by Provence Photography 83, on Flickr

DSC_1707 by Provence Photography 83, on Flickr

DSC_1748 by Provence Photography 83, on Flickr

Some fabulous images there ,looks like you were in the right place at the right time I enjoyed looking at them thanks.
Thanks, for sure I was in the right place.

These are the best pictures I have seen from you. I would be very proud to call any of them mine. All of these are top level portfolio shots.

More of this please :D
Erm Thanks Steve, Very nice of you to say this.
Yes we was very fortunate to get the inversion and the colours although I guess there was a band of cloud on the western horizon stopping the real colours coming through and to think I totally fluffed so many shots there cos the wind was strong and I was shivering with 7 deg temps while on the coast it would have been more like 27 degs lol
I do want to go back before they close this Col which will be soon I think.

Nice shots, #1 and #2 are the strongest of the set for me.
Cheers joel.
The 1st and last is my preferred 2

Erm Thanks Steve, Very nice of you to say this.
Yes we was very fortunate to get the inversion and the colours although I guess there was a band of cloud on the western horizon stopping the real colours coming through and to think I totally fluffed so many shots there cos the wind was strong and I was shivering with 7 deg temps while on the coast it would have been more like 27 degs lol
I do want to go back before they close this Col which will be soon I think.

When I am back in France I am going to this col.

Yes, defo cooler higher up but good lord that is gods country. What was he thinking giving that wonderful place to the French?

When I am back in France I am going to this col.

Yes, defo cooler higher up but good lord that is gods country. What was he thinking giving that wonderful place to the French?
With a pinch of salt, the opening period is 15th May to 15th Oct but they will close it if they have bad weather.
I`ll have to send you my car dash cam video of when we arrived and turned the corner, it was like W O W

Very nice work Graham

Excellent set, Graham (y)
Really like them all but for me its 4 & 7 that I enjoy most.
Thanks very much Mike, appreciate your comment (y)

Back