Impromptu TVR

kentt

Mod In Thread Vandalising Outrage!
Name
Ken
Edit My Images
Yes
While riding out last week on my mountain bike, I thought I would check out some local sites for possible future shoots.

I came across the what looks an ideal place and sitting there was this TVR with the owner stood near by, so I asked if he would mind me taking a few shots of it.

Larger HERE.

TVR%20small.jpg

C&C welcome.

Lovely Car and well caught. Did you get any others? Would be nice to see some of the detailing close up(y)

Lovely Car and well caught. Did you get any others? Would be nice to see some of the detailing close up(y)

I didn't do any close up shots unfortunately, I spent way to much time chatting to the owner who also took an interest in my carbon fibre bike as he cycles too. But I have a couple of other shots I'll post up shortly.

Where abouts is that - looks like a runway...

Good shot - I would clone out the tat in the background though :)

Hi George
Your correct its an old airfield thats still in use. But they have some great tarmac/access roads.

I wasn't sure how much stuff to clone out of the BG, I've already cloned out the shadow of my bike :)

Thanks for looking guys.

nice , just had a quick play and cloned out the stuff on the tarmac to the left of the car , looks loads better i reckon :)

LIke the composition, exposure and the car is nice too - a longer focal length with a narrower aperture to isolate the car against the background would help this shot IMO.

The lighting is great - I take it that's just plain old soleil and no flash?

nice , just had a quick play and cloned out the stuff on the tarmac to the left of the car , looks loads better i reckon :)

Thanks for looking Paul, I'll have to try it on the original.

LIke the composition, exposure and the car is nice too - a longer focal length with a narrower aperture to isolate the car against the background would help this shot IMO.

The lighting is great - I take it that's just plain old soleil and no flash?

Thanks for the C&C, Thats something I always forget to try although I did have the 24-105 zoom on the camera on that outing so I have no excuse :thinking:. It was just the lovely mid-day sunshine, I nearly took a flash but then thought at the last minute I'm only going to take a few shots of the location so I'll keep the weight of the backpack down, but it would have help reduce the shadows.

That location is dying for some rig shots Ken :) Will they let you take the TT there?

Hey Rob :)

I've not spoken to the owners/flying club yet but that piece of access road would lend its self nicely to a bit of tracking photography its very wide and smooth. Which if I'm honest I like the look of better than rig shots. I'll have to see if my brother can get something a little more exotic to shoot, also I would like to try tracking a motor bike at some point.

Thanks for looking Rob

PS I'll post another shot up later.

Regardless of backgrounds its always good to see a TVR (speaking as a TVR car club member!!)

Looks like a great location though for future work :D

Thanks for looking. I must admit after seeing this TVR in the flesh I started to have a little look through some TVR classifieds :)

OK here is another shot as promised:
Larger HERE.

tvr2x800.jpg

Last edited:
Back