In between showers!

First shot is lovely and sharp and my fav, lovely colors fine set.

It's not fair. I go to work all day and come home to find Sarah has got to enjoy playing with the camera.:razz:

Nice set though. I love the sparkle on the water drop in the first two.

great shots thanks for sharing :)

are the twinkly stars , in shots 1 and 2 as shot or added/enhanced afterwards ?

the one at the top of the raindrop in the first shot looks a bit wierd like a second reflection

great shots thanks for sharing :)

are the twinkly stars , in shots 1 and 2 as shot or added/enhanced afterwards ?

the one at the top of the raindrop in the first shot looks a bit wierd like a second reflection

Thank you, the twinkly stars are as shot - no flash just sun!!
The only editing I did was a few tweaks in levels. It was a nice surprise to see the star effect when I loaded them on to the computer!!:):)

Wow the colours are gorgeous #1 is a cracker, nice work.

High f number equal's sparkly stars...:)

Thank you, the twinkly stars are as shot - no flash just sun!!
The only editing I did was a few tweaks in levels. It was a nice surprise to see the star effect when I loaded them on to the computer!!:):)

You get twinkly stars with f numbers around 13 or above.

#1 is a fantastic shot, gives me something to try and aim for in my new quest as a photographer, If I can get anywhere near as good an image I would be exstatic :)

Beautiful ... I think Ken Rockwell needs to redefine what he means by "serious macro" following photos like these!

60mm lenses aren't a great idea for serious macro use because you have to get the front of the lens closer than 2 inches (48mm) from your subject at the closest focus distance. Unless you're duplicating slides, you'll get in the way of your own light. Get a 105mm for serious macro use.

Thank you for all your lovely comments, I wasn't expecting so many positive remarks on them!!

I think I need to get out with my 60mm more often, I've had it about 17/18 years - used to use it on my Nikon F4. It is a little limiting but like anything you adapt to what you are using and just have a go!!

I'm slowly picking my hobby back up now the children have grown up and all your remarks have been great and have encouraged me experiment more!!

Great shooting, often thought of having a go at this type of pic, but never got round to it, but I will be out after the next shower, after seeing these

Back