In black and white

Name
Ken
Edit My Images
Yes
Taken towards the end of the summer, been to chicken to post as they were handheld at slow speed :banghead: :nut: The first was actually entered in the b/w comp, which i've only just remebered :embarasse but goes with the title, sorry.

Thanks for looking,
Comments welcome.
Ken.

Class shots, Ken. FWIW, I prefer the 2nd one, if for no other reason than it has a better spread of tones, in my opinion.

Lovely, both of them, how did you do the processing?

Yeah, what method was used for B&W conversion?

Catdaddy said:
Class shots, Ken. FWIW, I prefer the 2nd one, if for no other reason than it has a better spread of tones, in my opinion.
Yeah I prefer the second but it was at a slower shutter speed and the building isn't quite in focus. I have since done some selective sharpening on the building and think it has improved it slighly. Thanks.
dod said:
Lovely, both of them, how did you do the processing?
I think I have mentioned this somwhere on here before in more detail when Bachs asked but, if you are refering to the b/w conversion, then it's done through selective colour and creating multiple layers then adjusting the opacity. After which I add levels of offset and gamma, selective colour black and neutral then brightness and contrast. I actually started off by downloading a b/w action from somewhere and followed its conversion, just to see what process it used. Now I just follow that process but using my own settings (as each pic is different) and adjusting brightness and contrast as I go.

EDIT: I made an error in the process, I actually use channel mixer with monochrome ticked and not selective colour as stated. Sorry.

Bit of cheating gone on, I remeber the comments on the first pic in the comp. :)

very nice Ken, i like the first better, but there isnt much in it!!(between the two images, not the actual picture, lol)

lo,l first is much more balanced.

I must admit to being fairly crude in my B&W conversions. Usually just look at each of the three channels and pick which I like the best.

Good stuff. The second seems more balanced but in the first, you have that great cloud.

Cheers guys.....above I made an error in the b/w processing. I said I used selective colour when I should have said channel mixer. Sorry.

Back