In Clover

Name
Tina
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm a beginner so be gentle but honest.

This was taken whilst out walking the dogs with my sigma 18-200 on my lil Canon 400

qmzyvd.jpg

I think this one would look better in portrait orientation or cropped that way. I think so because of the angle of the flower - it just doesn't go enough to the side for a landscape orientation to work better than portrait, I'd say. One more reason for a crop: the background in the right part of the image is a bit too bright, enough to slightly distract from the main subject. The composition's almost there, though.
It looks like you might have used a radius that's a bit too big for this size of the image. There are sharpening halos visible quite easily.
Noise is a little disturbing in the shadow areas, but not too much. Some selective editing to
The colours are quite nice and so is the bokeh.

Tip: take more than one shot when doing close-ups and preferably in both orientations. It looks different on a bigger screen than on a small one quite often.

Here's a quick edit:
qmzyvd02cropped.png

There's nothing I could have done about the sharpening, but it should give you an idea about what I meant.

If the above seems to be harsh, I apologise, it wasn't meant to be such. I just couldn't think of a way to put it more gently.

That's brilliant Slapo, not at all harsh! Thanks for your time and I will try to apply your suggestions.

I admit to being a novice in all things photographic having taken millions of snaps I'd like to take pictures now!

I've not really done much sharpening (only recently started doing it at all) so am still guessing! More play time ahead!

Another nice shot Tina ... I also remember your pictures taken in the woods some time ago where you walk your dog.

Back