In need of some advice please

Edit My Images
Yes
I do quite a bit of motorsport photography mainly at Brands Hatch as I like that curcuit and it's quiet close (ish). I enjoy the motorsport action but lately
I've seen in other forums such as BTCC, Motorstv, WTCC and so on that some of the guys there seem to get access to take photos on the grid. This is some thing I haven't done yet and would like to have a go at.

My questions are do I need a media pass, grid pass or do I just go and help myself to a few shots?

And

If I need a media pass how do I go about getting one?

Thanks in advance (y) (y)

i would think that if you rang the Events Office of Brands Hatch, or where ever before the day, they probably would issue you with a pass. I think i read that somewhere.

Basically, you have to be a journo (and prove it)

I once asked this and was told "why do you think your hobby should get you access to places the general public aren't allowed" which is a harsh but fair response in all honesty

Every time I go to Brands Hatch I see another 100+ amateur photographers about the place, the grid would get busy if they let just anyone in there wouldn't it?

Get in touch with your local paper or a trade/enthusiast mag, show them the quality of your work, tell them you'll sell them your images but pay your own expenses.
They may (!) allow you to use thier title for accreditation purposes. Even a letter from the editor agreeing to use your images may be enough.

Back