In the meantime...

Edit My Images
Yes
I intend to buy a 1:1 macro lens soon and have been frustrated with the weather up here lately. So I decided to have a go with a 50mm and some extension tubes.
This is a shot with the 50mm and 13mm extension, no flash.
Other than fungi I have no idea what it is. Doesn't really matter at the minute. Just practising. :yawn:
It's been p***ing down for days so it's either the above or :beer: .
:ponders: Beer I think. :thumb:

Fungi.jpg

thats nice and clear, very good detail

Nice shot - looks like somethings been nibbling yours. I think they are the same species - took mine in Croatia this summer.

20050813-hrvatska137.jpg

regards

Cameron - o/t etc. How long have you had your 1D? How have you got on with it on a day to day basis? Cheers :)

Cameron - as a follow-up shot that is just brilliant :thumb:

regards

milou said:
Cameron - o/t etc. How long have you had your 1D?

Milou, I've had the 1D MKII for about 6 months now.

milou said:
How have you got on with it on a day to day basis?

Not sure what you mean but it wasn't a steep learning curve.
That came with the 10D and Photoshop.
I had been used to film SLR and a Fuji MX2000 P&S before that.

The camera is solid, quick, responsive and I get more keepers than I did with my 10D.
The camera is a big favourite of sports photographers but I think it's a great all rounder.
I still have the 10D as back up and for use when hill walking since the 1D is heavy.
It really feels like a solid lump of steel.

Let me know if there is anything in particular you would like to know.

Cameron

Thanks. I meant to say something along the lines of what's it like living with the camera; any problems, is the weight a restrictive factor etc (very long day full of meetings = quickie post). I tested one in Jessops and the assistant also personally owned one which he used most weekends for Asian weddings. He felt that the weight of the camera was an issue due to the length of time at the weddings but was obviously compensated by it's many advantages.

I just wanted to check with you as I thought you had had the camera for a about 6 months or so, to see if there were any serious issues with it etc.

Cheers though :)

milou said:
Thanks. I meant to say something along the lines of what's it like living with the camera; any problems, is the weight a restrictive factor etc (very long day full of meetings = quickie post). I tested one in Jessops and the assistant also personally owned one which he used most weekends for Asian weddings. He felt that the weight of the camera was an issue due to the length of time at the weddings but was obviously compensated by it's many advantages.

I just wanted to check with you as I thought you had had the camera for a about 6 months or so, to see if there were any serious issues with it etc.

Cheers though :)

Hi milou, the weight of the camera is probably the only issue ( and not a major one ). It's not a problem in normal use since the camera is well balanced and just feels right in the hand. What I don't like is hanging the camera from my neck ( especially with a long, heavy lens attached) I therefore prefer to hang it from my shoulder or, more likely, hand held using the E1 strap. (supplied with the MK1 but not the MK II :annoyed: )

Regards,
Cameron

Back