In yer Face

• Thread starter Deleted member 3428
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3428

Just another Eurycnema goliath nymph up close and personal.
5 image stack, shot with the Canon 40d, mp-e 65 and mt-24 ex macro lite flash.

3095587630_2a31a8516f_o.jpg

Jeez that is scary!

well done mate but please do not tell me where they live! :eek: :nono:

Jeez that is scary!

well done mate but please do not tell me where they live! :eek: :nono:

Reckon that would be more scary if you saw it from 2000ft. They come from Australia and live on eucalyptus and acacia plants so reckon you are quite safe. Harmless critters they are anyway ;)

Another corker Alby.

That mp-e 65 is certainly a fantastic lens, and well used off course :)

Nice one Alby...Cracking pose and well stacked (y)

Am rarely keen on black backgrounds and I think it's a little harsh here....What leaves do they eat? Would they make a good OOF backdrop?

A great closeup that Alby, superb image.

Another corker Alby.

That mp-e 65 is certainly a fantastic lens, and well used off course :)
Thanks Matey, it is on the 350d or 40d most of it's life to be honest.;)
Nice one Alby...Cracking pose and well stacked (y)

Am rarely keen on black backgrounds and I think it's a little harsh here....What leaves do they eat? Would they make a good OOF backdrop?
Thanks DB ;)
The black background is my Dell Vostro 1710, you can just see a bit of the desk bottom right as it was on my computer desk:LOL:
They eat eucalyptus and acacia plants and come obviously from Australia.

A great closeup that Alby, superb image.
Thanks John ;)
Strewth mate! That's top banana! :banana:
Thanks Tomas, it is easier to shoot captive insects but there isn't much about outside and it's a bit to cold when you aren't feeling your best (bunged up with a virus at the moment so feeling a bit crap).

I'd like to call him (presuming it is a him).....Hubert :)

Awesome shot..so much detail it's mind boggling!

Thanks Tomas, it is easier to shoot captive insects but there isn't much about outside and it's a bit to cold when you aren't feeling your best (bunged up with a virus at the moment so feeling a bit crap).

Get well soon mate. Keep yourself nice and warm and drinki plenty o fluids. :nono:

Common name is a Goliath Stick Insect and can grow up to 20cm's and turns green when adult (ven will be glad to hear).

Thanks for looking folks , much appreciated. :)

Excellent work - I've been reading about image stacking - you appear to have cracked it. Good lighting too.

Where is Sigourney Weaver when you need her :)

Cracking shot! :clap:
Great film John ;)
Sigourney Weaver? I want my mummy!
Pull yourself together Lee (slaps to the face to help) :LOL:
Excellent work - I've been reading about image stacking - you appear to have cracked it. Good lighting too.

Pete I've been using combinezm for about a year now and it pretty much does it all for you, you just need to get the images right and advoid any rotation of them.

Love these close up bug shots my grandkids forever picking things up in garden to show grandad ewwwwwwwww :(

Thanks folks ;)
Scott is it Peruphasma schultei (black beauty) eyes like the Homer Simpson and velvety black? If so they eat Privet.

Thanks folks ;)
Scott is it Peruphasma schultei (black beauty) eyes like the Homer Simpson and velvety black? If so they eat Privet.

erm that might be it..its got little red wings on its back..iv been sent it to photograph..im keeping the other 2 *** that eat bramble.hes gave me some privet to feed it for few days until i send him it back.how many do u have now?

erm that might be it..its got little red wings on its back..iv been sent it to photograph..im keeping the other 2 *** that eat bramble.hes gave me some privet to feed it for few days until i send him it back.how many do u have now?

I guess it would be then, why didn't he just let you keep them, I have a couple just starting to lay ova so can send you a few ova soon if you want some? do you have privet you can feed them? Here is a shot of a adult Peruphasma schultei.
3098512936_e866efcebf_o.jpg

Scott you've just come up on my Flickr, what is that brown species?

Oh wow, that's absolutely disgusting! 'Orrible thing, fantastic shots though (y)

Chris

very good Alby, nice to see you and your ugly mates (y)
decison time soon for me , an L walkabout lens or an mpe-65 :thinking:
so a quick question if you dont mind.
i cant run to both the mpe-65 and twin flashes.....so is the mpe-65 usable with just my off camera flash on a bracket? the only other thing i have is my sigma macro flash (heath robinson adaption possible do you think?)

cheers
Dave

Brian Valentine uses a single off camera flash with the mpe and is one of the best macro shooter I've had the pleasure to talk to and view images of. Take a look and decide for yourself Dave.
Take a look at some of his dew drop shots Lord V

Jesus, 20cm?! :eek:

Actually they are quite cute really. Great capture - I like the black background (y)

Back