Indian Summer in Snowdonia.

Name
Barbara
Edit My Images
No
I've just got back from a few days walking in Snowdonia and these are some of the photos I took while out walking.
#1 On the way up to Cadair Idris.
2891136948_f24b06e596_o.jpg

#2 Calf enjoying his dinner
2892586532_b76808fba3_o.jpg

#3 River at Abergnolwyn (by the Tall y Llyn Railway) Picture sharper in reality but didn't come up too good in Flickr.
2890169889_336d13a55b_o.jpg

#4 Valley near Abergnolwyn
2890239233_8b8901f638_o.jpg

C&C always welcome.

Gawjuss, the lot of em (y)

No 4 just about pinches it for me

Great set with #1 being my favourite. The presence or absence of shadow makes a marked difference to the colour of the land and you've captured that really well. Great colours throughout. Was this the new lens?

Gawjuss, the lot of em (y)

No 4 just about pinches it for me
Thank you GarynLea.

Fantastic set of shots Barbara all of them :clap:
Thank you Dave.

Great set with #1 being my favourite. The presence or absence of shadow makes a marked difference to the colour of the land and you've captured that really well. Great colours throughout. Was this the new lens?
Thank you Russell. No it wasn't my new lens. I was out walking and so just took my Casio Exilim Z55 point and shoot camera with me. I used this for No's 1,2 and 4. No 3 was just a short walk from our campsite so I took this with Nikon D40X and the kit lens. (I did crop this one quite a bit though)

Some good shots there WG. Never walked Cadair Idris, always been on my to do list.

Number 3 for me.

Thanks Gerald. You really must go up Cadair it's my most favourite mountain. It's always so quite and peaceful up there, unlike Snowdon which I detest, (great until you get to the top and then it's pure hell). Are you back from your roamings yet.?

A lovely set. The third wins it for me. Snowdonia is on my list to visit soon.

love these shots! Just what I need a reminding of, summers where my gran lives (llwringwryl- between Tywyn and Barmouth!) though you seem to have had some amazing luck with the weather I go a few times a year, and I seem to bring the rain with me:-(

No 4 is the best in my opinion though, it really captures the feel of the place (minus the masses of sheep and cow poo!)

changes my mind, No 1 and 4- Love em!

Lovely soft colours in 1. I really like no. 4 but I feel that the tree at the bottom right comes into the shot a little too much. Had you moved to the left a little it would have been a brilliant photo. Just my opinion though :)
Thank you shootingjack, though I purposely put the tree in to give a little foreground interest.

A lovely set. The third wins it for me. Snowdonia is on my list to visit soon.
Thank you Devitt. You must visit - scenery is really spectacular.

No 4 for me well done, looks like a mid summer's day hard to believe its autumn :clap:
Thank you pjm. It's great to have a little nice weather at last.

love these shots! Just what I need a reminding of, summers where my gran lives (llwringwryl- between Tywyn and Barmouth!) though you seem to have had some amazing luck with the weather I go a few times a year, and I seem to bring the rain with me:-(

No 4 is the best in my opinion though, it really captures the feel of the place (minus the masses of sheep and cow poo!)

changes my mind, No 1 and 4- Love em!

Thank you Aleksander.We had some nice days, but the light wasn't too good. The sky kept changing from clear to really overcast, but we were lucky this visit there was no rain. Last visit we had to dodge the floods.

Thanks Gerald. You really must go up Cadair it's my most favourite mountain. It's always so quite and peaceful up there, unlike Snowdon which I detest, (great until you get to the top and then it's pure hell). Are you back from your roamings yet.?

I know what you mean about Snowdon. You have to be up early to beat the crowds on that one.

Looks like I'm staying north of the border for a while, Trying to get some where to rent and a job for the winter up in Inverness. You'd love it up here, Cairngorm to the south, Highlands to the north and Ben Nevis, Glen Coe, Mull and Skye to the west. All within a few hours drive (y) Its enough of a reason to stay here.

ANd some much more interesting wildlife :)

Thanks for asking.

Great set, number 4 for me closely followed by number 1.

I'm a sucker for landscapes(y)

number 4 for me also - great colours throughout

i thought of snowdonia but we plumped for keswick/castlerigg on the motorbike

a great few days for it

Can't make up my mind.... they are all great :D

Dave;)

No 4 is a great shot but would be better if you could straighten it up a little. See the clouds.

Looks like you had the best weather of the year so far.

Its bad when it floods there. I see I share the same views as others that is, that Idris is nicer to walk than snowdon. (though I still plan to hike it for the 3 peaks race!)

Very nice, Barbara - #4 for me too, like the composition, the colours and the 'winding' lead in through the valley (y)
Thank you Marky.

I know what you mean about Snowdon. You have to be up early to beat the crowds on that one.

Looks like I'm staying north of the border for a while, Trying to get some where to rent and a job for the winter up in Inverness. You'd love it up here, Cairngorm to the south, Highlands to the north and Ben Nevis, Glen Coe, Mull and Skye to the west. All within a few hours drive (y) Its enough of a reason to stay here.

ANd some much more interesting wildlife :)

Thanks for asking.

Enjoy your winter in Inverness and I hope you manage to get a job. My family originate from Inverness, but I have never been there. We hope to put it on the agenda for next year. I really must get there one day.

V.nice, loving the greens on the 4th :)
Thank you.

Great set, number 4 for me closely followed by number 1.

I'm a sucker for landscapes(y)

Thank you Mark, I love landscapes too.

Joe©;948884 said:
number 4 for me also - great colours throughout

i thought of snowdonia but we plumped for keswick/castlerigg on the motorbike

a great few days for it
Thank you Joe, I must get up to the Lake District one day too.

Can't make up my mind.... they are all great :D

Dave;)
Thank you Dave.

No 4 is a great shot but would be better if you could straighten it up a little. See the clouds.

Looks like you had the best weather of the year so far.

You've got me thinking now. I'm sure I took the photo level, so now I'm pondering whether clouds are always level. I'll be out cloud spotting tomorrow. If they are my photo will be getting an edit.:thinking:

Its bad when it floods there. I see I share the same views as others that is, that Idris is nicer to walk than snowdon. (though I still plan to hike it for the 3 peaks race!)
Apparently they have almost built the awful cafe now, and they've put steps up to the summit so that people can get off the train and walk up the steps in their high heels to the summit. It rather spoils it for walkers when you've made all the effort to get up there.:bang: Good luck with the 3 peaks.

Excellent set of photos as usual - just as we've come to expect from you. Top quality landscape images.

Thank you Paul. I'm glad you like them.

I'm going to add my two cent's worth and say that all four pictures looks gorgeous. No people, no buildings, just hills, blue sky and lots of grass - my idea of paradise.
I think the last one got the most attention from me due to the vibrant green grass - while also capturing the blue sky (no overexposure effect) - an excellent effort.

Last edited:
They are all really nice but definately no4...just lovely.

definately an indian summer
Thank you Paul.

No.3 gets the thumbs up from me :)
Thank you Flunter.

Only been to the Tal Y Llyn once and that was a few years ago
A beautiful area around there. I haven't been on the railway, but we did sit and eat our sandwiches on the station.:popcorn:

I'm going to add my two cent's worth and say that all four pictures looks gorgeous. No people, no buildings, just hills, blue sky and lots of grass - my idea of paradise.

Thanks Ian. My idea of paradise too.(y)
I think the last one got the most attention from me due to the vibrant green grass - while also capturing the blue sky (no overexposure effect) - an excellent effort.

Nice series & it's great to have some decent hiking weather at last eh !!

No4 is my favourite, although think it would have been even better without the tree "creeping" into the frame quite so much

simon

Nice series & it's great to have some decent hiking weather at last eh !!

No4 is my favourite, although think it would have been even better without the tree "creeping" into the frame quite so much

simon

Thank you Simon. I thought the tree was a good idea at the time, but perhaps not. Hope you managed to get some hiking in too.

Thank you Simon. I thought the tree was a good idea at the time, but perhaps not. Hope you managed to get some hiking in too.

The tree doesn't spoil it much, jut think it's a slight distraction away from the woderful mountains....didn't get up a mountain this last week, did a nice stretch of the Anglesey Coastal Path instead, great weather - at last !!

simon

The tree doesn't spoil it much, jut think it's a slight distraction away from the woderful mountains....didn't get up a mountain this last week, did a nice stretch of the Anglesey Coastal Path instead, great weather - at last !!

simon

Awaiting your photos. I've never done the Anglesey Coast Path, would like to see what it's like.:)

simon

Awaiting your photos. I've never done the Anglesey Coast Path, would like to see what it's like.:)

Last edited:
The're all brilliant. I love the fourth one. Very nice.

Lisa

I've never done the Anglesey Coast Path, would like to see what it's like.:)

If you're in the area is more than worth the effort, a couple of sections have similiar height gain to walking the Snowdonia mountains & the scenery in part rivals anything cornwall/devon has to offer.
It's often the case too that when snowdonia is covered in cloud, Anglesey is covered in sunshine

Most of the Anglesey photographs on my website are taken along the coastal path, feel free to browse them if you like (here's the link to the Anglesey gallery)

http://www.landscapephotographyuk.com/gallery_57198.html

simon

The're all brilliant. I love the fourth one. Very nice.

Lisa

Thank you Lisa.

If you're in the area is more than worth the effort, a couple of sections have similiar height gain to walking the Snowdonia mountains & the scenery in part rivals anything cornwall/devon has to offer.
It's often the case too that when snowdonia is covered in cloud, Anglesey is covered in sunshine

Most of the Anglesey photographs on my website are taken along the coastal path, feel free to browse them if you like (here's the link to the Anglesey gallery)

http://www.landscapephotographyuk.com/gallery_57198.html

simon

We live about 200 metres from the Pembrokeshire Coast Path, so usually go up to Snowdonia to walk mountains for a change, but next time I go up Snowdonia and the weather is bad, I'll carry on up to Anglesey and try out the Coast Path. From your photos it looks very nice, although a lot similar to ours.

Back