Industrial Landscape Sunset

Name
Annie
Edit My Images
Yes
I realise not everyone is a fan of Industrial landscapes, but as we have a power station and a cracking bridge close to where I live, which the sun sets right behind, I just have to go and photograph it.

Thoughts and opinions appreciated :D

Last night

_MG_6185.jpg

The night before.. I just missed it. Hubby had gone for a spin on his motorbike and the sun had gone down by the time I got there :(

_MG_6136-800px.jpg

Thanks for looking :D

edited to add: they don't look this soft on my pc, I guess it's photobucket that does it

The first one is great! The sun is in a great position, only crit. would be the dark right hand side.

I'm liking the first one best - the second one's too red and the top of the bridge and pylons blend in a bit too much with the dark sky. But the second one is great! (y)

Thanks Liam, yes I see your point about the dark RHS. Does it work better as a portrait crop? Although that way it loses the bridge. Hmmmm

3569200133_be5e5960c7_o.jpg

I was about to give you a welcome to the forum as I thought that you were someone else from the area:(....Lucky I checked !!

I like number one but I would crop it to just above the cloud on the right.

LOL Trappe. I usually hang out in the motorsport forum, but I'm finding my way into other areas now ;)

Thanks very much for your comments. I don't know why I didn't try the portrait version before as I'm a sucker for a landscape in portrait format. Probably because I was concentrating on keeping the bridge in the shot.

Thanks again :D

Back