Inevitable whats on yours......Thread

or some git will stand in front of you just as you hit the shutter release

Santa to buy my house so I can move ;)

Like most here I've been told I'm a nightmare to buy for, as if I want something I buy it (money permitting of course ). I'm happy for the kids to enjoy it :)

What am I talking about....I'd love one of those off road buggy honda pilot type thingies that have just start being shipped from Japan. ....road legal as well....how cool would that be :) . Maybe if I sell the house :whistling

GfK said:
There has been a development.

Very happy for you mate.
3 years ago, I was unhappily married, up to my neck in sh!t and debt and sick of life.
As one door closes another opens.

I'm now married to my soulmate princess with a nipper on the way, financially secure, in a good job, surrounded by beautiful coastline in the North East of Scotland and happy as a tramp in a wine cellar.

All I want out of life now is a Canon 1d MkIIn and my soulmate will probably buy me that anyway :p

I couldn't agree with you more Bachs, not to long ago I myself was unhappy with my life, my work, my finances and was having a very hard time relationship wise. I was living in a large city which was dirty and noisy, constantly worried about crime and not a great place to bring up any children if I am to have them in the future. Now I have moved to a different country, live in a very quiet suburb with lovely rivers and cycle paths running nearby. The crime rate is the lowest for the whole of Germany. About an hour away is the border with Switzerland, Italy and Austria, and the breathtaking Alps are also on my doorstep.

As if that isn’t enough I am now working on making a living out of my passion for photography and I am living and sharing my life with the most beautiful lady in the world. Sure I don’t understand a single word of German and need to learn that as a matter of urgency but in the big scheme of things, that’s a minor issue. 

As you say, you never know what is around the corner and as one door closes another opens.

Bachs said:
I'm now married to my soulmate princess with a nipper on the way, financially secure, in a good job, surrounded by beautiful coastline in the North East of Scotland and happy as a tramp in a wine cellar.

Makes you sick doesn't it!

:D

Oh, and my good news life-wise is that my missus has just got a new job. She's a solicitor and obviously works 8am to 7pm so we don't see that much of each other except when sat in front of the TV. But now she's got a Uni job doing 9-5 so its !YAY! to that! :D

Obviously this'll cut heavily into my Sky One Star Trek, SG1, Futurama, Simpsons time..... ;)

Bachs said:
I just found out what Santa is bringing me...a Wacom graphics tablet for Photoshopping :banana:

Well I've got one & I can tell you it makes life a lot easier in PS :) . We expect to see a jump in your post processing quality in January then ;)

With all this "love" talk I'm surprised noboday has used the old :love: :love: :love: :LOL: . Good on ya all, that's all I say.

I'm glad things are going well for a good few round here, me?, just plodding along as usual... not good enough to join in the free love fest :D , but not bad either :) can't complain!!

Hope everything keeps on the up and up into the new year for everyone.

Steve said:
Now I have moved to a different country

If you don't mind me asking, why such a big change?

Sonsey said:
Snip..at Steve..If you don't mind me asking, why such a big change?

I don’t mind you asking at all.

There were many reasons not least the ones I mentioned above. The main reason though was for the sake of my relationship with my girlfriend, she is a native German and throughout our 8 year relationship has always resided in Germany. One of us had to make the move to enable our relationship to continue and as she is able to support us both during this transition period, we decided that it was best if I made the move.

I must add that I don’t regret it at all, I am settling in nicely, getting to spend much more time with her and the pace of life here is much more relaxed in general. Once my new website is finished and a few other things are sorted, I will be concentrating 50/50 on learning German and my photography. Once I become fluent in German if the photography is not “paying” or showing signs of doing so, I will then look for alternative employment. Luckily she is very understanding and is supporting me 100%. I am very lucky.

Hope that answers your questions. :)

I was wondering that also, :p but wouldn't dare ask as I know it was none of my business. That's quite the culture shock, glad to hear your settling in nicely. Good luck to both of you and hope everything goes well steve. :)

Cheers,

Jewel

There is no harm in asking. I/we (the folk on the forum) are very open and will answer most things, if someone feels that a question has crossed the line then I guess they just won't answer it, if it is asked politely I would hope that the rejection would also be polite. ;)

Thanks for the kind wishes

Im heading to Atlanta for crimbo

Steve said:
The main reason though was for the sake of my relationship with my girlfriend, she is a native German and throughout our 8 year relationship has always resided in Germany.

I know how that one goes mate... I'm currently going through something along the same lines, not quite the same distance (Belfast to London) but I suppose when you have to board a plane to see your loved one it's never the ideal situation. We're getting close to the "something has to be done" stage aswell... looks like I'll have to try and remember what I did with the big suitcase :ponders:

Glad everything is working out well for you though, and that your copeing well with all the changes. As they say, home is where the heart is :)

jewel said:
I was wondering that also, :p but wouldn't dare ask as I know it was none of my business.

We Irish have no shame!!! :naughty: ;)

lol :) seriously though, maybe it's a UK thing or an Irish thing, I don't really know. I suppose we do pry into other's personal lives, but I've allways felt it was a way to get to know the person better, and not just to be nosey. At least that's where I'm coming from.

Sonsey said:
We Irish have no shame!!! :naughty: ;)

lol :) seriously though, maybe it's a UK thing or an Irish thing, I don't really know. I suppose we do pry into other's personal lives, but I've allways felt it was a way to get to know the person better, and not just to be nosey. At least that's where I'm coming from.

I wasn't implying that you were prying Sonsey at all, sorry if it came across that way. What I meant was I'm over here in Canada, where it has been snowing for two days now:annoyed: and I don't know anybody from the forums on a personal level, obviously,lol. I don't know who's friends and who's not over there "off" the forums. I just figured it was best if a friend ask that question than some stranger off the forums, meaning moi. I just assumed you two were friends, that's all. :)

Cheers,

Jewel.

Anyone else met their new partner on the internet?

I met the new Mrs Bachs in an MSN chatroom!

Yeah I've had my share of chat rooms. Msn, excite, yahoo, whatever,lol. :p It's all in the past though now, seems like eons ago. I don't go there anymore obviously. That's all Im' gonna say though! :D

Bachs said:

I met the new Mrs Bachs in an MSN chatroom!

Despite the distance we didn't meet in a chat room or over the internet. We met in a now demolished night club in Manchester.

I'm still on the old one ;)

30 years married next year.

I suddenly feel very old.........

Edit: and I type slowly. reply to Bachs post......

jewel said:
I don't know who's friends and who's not over there "off" the forums. I just figured it was best if a friend ask that question than some stranger off the forums, meaning moi. I just assumed you two were friends, that's all. :)

Cheers,

Jewel.

I don't know Sonsey at all, he has been here for a lot less time that your good self, in fact if pushed I would say that I know you better, or rather know more about you. ;)

jewel said:
I wasn't implying that you were prying Sonsey at all, sorry if it came across that way. What I meant was I'm over here in Canada, where it has been snowing for two days now:annoyed: and I don't know anybody from the forums on a personal level, obviously,lol. I don't know who's friends and who's not over there "off" the forums. I just figured it was best if a friend ask that question than some stranger off the forums, meaning moi. I just assumed you two were friends, that's all. :)

No no, I didn't think you were implying anything Jewel, don't worry... I was just making an observation between ourselves and the good folks across the water, e.g. I don't know Steve at all, never met him, and I've only been a member here about a month... but I didn't really think about weather I should ask him or not, I just figured he seems a top bloke so either he'll tell me or say sorry mate, bit too personal. Either way, no problem :thumb:

Bachs said:

Yep, met her in a chatroom... and we're going on 5 years in Feb. :)

Keep getting asked what I want for Christmas and it would be nice to say some nice L glass but doubt I would get any of that :eyesup:..........

So anyone recommend a decent Photography book?

I was thinking maybe 'CS2 For Dummies' as the title fits me perfectly.

Martin Evening, CS2 for Photographers I think it's called.

Steve said:
Despite the distance we didn't meet in a chat room or over the internet. We met in a now demolished night club in Manchester.

Hacienda?
You old school raver you :D

Marcel said:
Well anyone who wishes a bit of company this christmas is always welcome round at my house for a large turkey dinner

Well I can eat for Britain Bod.. That would be very nice thank you.. :thumb:

Back